Vegas in July - 2 bids or 1?

Dilbert
By Dilbert,
in

Hello Resident PriceLine Experts,

Some advice will be most appreciated...

My uncle and I will be visiting Vegas in July (him from LA and me from the UK). Well actually, by then, I'll join him in LA then drive to Vegas. Anyway, he'll only join me for a weekend and Monday and I want to stay for an extra day or two afterwards.

Here're some questions:

- Under normal circumstances (i.e., normal booking of hotels), this will most probably be 2 separate bookings. Should I take that as 2 separate bids? I understand prices for Vegas hotel are a lot higher in the weekend than during the week. If I make it as one bid, will the price work out to be higher than 2 bids (due to the weekend)? On the other hand, if it's one bid, will the price be lower since the booking will be longer?

- I recall from Priceline UK that you specify how many rooms you want, but not how many people. How do they know I want a room with 2 beds? (I'd a look around Help and this site, but can't seem to find this question. I thought it'll be common enough...)

Thanks.

The below if from this Should i Split My (longer stay) Bid

"When bidding on Priceline, it appears that Priceline must have access to inventory for each night at your bid rate or lower, for your bid to be accepted.

If you are bidding for 2 nites, and Priceline's rate is $50 for the first night and $100 for the second night... you're bid for $75/night will NOT be accepted.

So if there is a big difference in rates during your stay, you MAY want to consider splitting your stay into two different bids."

If i were in your shoes, i would split my bid, knowing the risk that i may have to change hotels.

HOWEVER, Las Vegas is the one area that i DON"T typically recommend Priceline (unless i'm trying for the 5* Venetian) because the zone is "Strip Area" and when in Vegas, you want to be on the stip, not in the "general vicinity of it".

As to your second question:

Priceline doesn't guarantee bed types, but after you know the hotel, call them and tell them your bed preferences (along w/ smoking or non-smoking). As long as there is availability you shouldn't have any problems.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]