Priceline Hotel: 3* Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport

cheezhead
By cheezhead,
in

This hotel is a good deal for $50. You're saving over 50% off published rates. Enjoy your stay.

For the benefit of others who might be looking at this post for clues on how much to bid in that area, note that, based on the tax amount charged, a bid of $36 could have been accepted.

As well for the benefit to others...

Cheezehead is an experienced bidder, there's only one re-bid in the zone, and this stay is for same-day arrival.

So the lesson is that Priceline can save you a lot of money when bidding close to arrival, but it's to your advantage to bid in advance so that you have time on your side in order to get the best price possible.

Still a great deal and a LOT more hotel than you can get for the money through any other means, but i'd imagine this bid would have been closer to cost if it was a few weeks prior to arrival instead of a few hours.

PS- thanks for the heads-up on Priceline's cost/taxes

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I appreciated the post and am glad you did post it! <thank you>

I think it's important to post ALL wins (even if they're on the list already or are over-bids). It gives an idea of frequency of success if one hotel comes up much more frequently than another in the same zone, and over-bids gives a realistic view (for newbies) that we don't hit all of them at the exact price.

As i said earlier, still a great price given the circumstances and better than anything else that s/he could have received without using Priceline/Hotwire.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]