Hotwire Hotel: $109 help IDing 4* hotel in san diego harbor island

hub
By hub,
in

Hi everyone. Thanks for the creation and maintenance of this site. its very informative, i was going to use it to book a room for valentines day or the day after depending on price using either hotwire or priceline.

hotwire i was thinking of the sofitel, 4.5 in beverly hills/west hollywood

priceline i was hoping for the mondrian.

i was planning on going for hotwire from info from the site to book sofitel, which was 149 when i checked last week. now for valentines day its up to 249 and non existent for the day after. i was wondering if theres a chance they'll add it again?

also, for priceline, theres no guarantee i'd get the mondrian over the beverly hilton, since they are both accepted for 130, and have same class and location?

thanks, any help would be appreciated. also, i guess its a lesson in the advantages of booking early rather than waiting.

Welcome to BetterBidding, hub.

I can't tell from your post if you're asking for help or not.

If you see any Hotwire hotels that you'd like identified please post the exact dates you're searching and the amenity icons for the hotels in question. Someone will try to ID them for you.

When bidding for a 4* in Priceline's Beverly Hills-West Hollywood zone there are a number of hotels that could come up besides the Mondrian or Beverly Hilton. Priceline usually costs less than Hotwire but to use Priceline you have to be willing to accept ANY 4* hotel in the zone.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Please start your bids with these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links.

If you'd like a specific hotel then PRICELINE and HOTWIRE are probably not the best means for you to book... you should use a more traditional service where the name of the hotel is shown before your purchase.

If you're flexible in the hotel that you will receive, but are comfortable having control over the location (within a given boundary) and the star rating (as determined by PRICELINE or HOTWIRE), then you can usually get a nice discount in exchange for choosing the hotel.

For additional info, this is a good place to start: I've Never Used Priceline or Hotwire.

Feel free to ask any questions you have and/or if you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think i understand my question was a little not the spirit of this forum; i DID have my heart set on the sofitel, but it seems like i delayed too much (due to their early booking policy found on the website) or else, its sold out for valentines day weekend. I used the hotel list etc to see what hotwire deal i would have gotten, but it didnt pan out because of my delay.

regarding the question about amenities. for me, amenities dont really matter as much. the room is used for a place to sleep and to escape from the daily grind. what i do care for is the decor, and i loved the pictures on tripadvisor. regardless, im glad to have found such an informative site bringing together all the experience and knowledge gained by the members. only question i really had was about if hotwire, due to its fluctuations, would take off a hotel and put it back on later.

HOTWIRE only shows one hotel at each star level within the zone. It's slightly more complicated than this, but to keep it simple for the purpose of this discussion, it's the hotel with the lowest price which gets offered.

So if a different hotel is currently being shown, either the 'new' hotel has offered a lower price than the 'original' property... or the originaly property sold-out of rooms and/or no longer makes their offer available to HOTWIRE.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

For Valentine's Day, 2/14, Hotwire displays a 4.5* in Beverly Hills-West Hollywood for $247 now. It does NOT appear to be the Sofitel because the TripAdvisor stats are way off.

Either the Sofitel's Hotwire rate is higher than $247 or they haven't given Hotwire inventory that day. Sofitel's best rate is up to $315 now.

You said you might also be interested in 2/15, the day after Valentines. Hotwire doesn't display any 4.5* that day, even though the Sofitel's rate goes down to $275.

The Sofitel could reappear any time though. Keep checking HOTWIRE every day.

4 star hotel for 109 in san diego/harbor island.

Hi, the amenities include

Airport Shuttle

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-speed Internet Access

Tennis Nearby

ratings from tripadvisor, 3.0 out of 5

Based on 280+ customer reviews (Last reviewed January 2009)

thanks

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]