For Full Access and To Remove This Box :

(or SCROLL DOWN to view the page you requested)

1) Register for free HERE
2) Validate your account (check your email)
3) Read YOUR MESSAGES

Please Use the Links On The Board for your PRICELINE and HOTWIRE purchases

Debit cards?

4 replies to this topic

#1 bethg

bethg

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 02:18 AM

Hello!
I'm new to using Priceline (used Hotwire before, but always thought priceline was just too uncertain. That's because I didn't know the strategies!), and want to try to bid for a hotel for this weekend. My question is, does priceline accept debit cards? I don't have a credit card, but my debit card is a Visa and can be used for most any purchases. I tried checking this forum, the priceline website, etc, but couldn't find any info on this.

Thanks in advance!

Beth

REGISTER HERE to remove this ad.

Hotwire OR Priceline

#2 thereuare

thereuare

Administrator

• Admin
  • 186,504 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 06:29 AM

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Yes, if your debit card has the Visa logo on it then you should have no problem using it for your purchase. However, do keep in mind that many hotels require a deposit at check-in, and will likely place some of your funds on 'hold', but this pertains to all hotel reservations, not just those booked with PRICELINE or HOTWIRE.

Let us know if we can be of any help with your hotel bidding for your upcoming NYC stay.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.
Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases
Check and Research Hotel Rates at: MAPS and HOTELS.com (now with WALKSCORE!

#3 robb01

robb01

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 05:31 PM

Good info, I dont like to use CC"s, so this is great

#4 lookyloo

lookyloo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 03:44 PM

You can use a Debit Card to purchase a room on Hotwire/Priceline but I highly suggest that you don't use it when you check in. Hotels will ask for a Credit Card for incidentals, if you give them a debit card you might have your funds "held" by the bank until the hotel clears it, sometimes up to 2 weeks after you check out. Always use a Credit Card at check-in for incidentals and never your Debit Card. Or just decline to give a card all together, you probably will have the PPV movies locked and no key to the mini-bar, but that's life.

#5 Digame

Digame

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:42 PM

I have the same problem, I will say that I have no card. I guess the
hotel asked me cash as a sign

ADD REPLY
(this topic)

POST / REPLY OPTIONS: