GoGo Inflight Internet

thereuare
By thereuare,
in

Just thought i'd post that i'm inflight and trying out GoGo Inflight Internet from JFK-->LAX

$12.95 unlimited surfing at 'mobile broadband speeds'

I'll review when complete... but this may be the best flight ever! :) (this trip is without kids, so that may have something to do with it too!)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Powerplan it correct, only a few of the seats in coach have power supplies... we didn't have such a seat but i have an extended battery and was enough for almost the entire flight (ran out about 20 minutes before the service was shut down). I believe we have a seat with a power supply on the way home, but that's a red-eye so i may try to sleep instead of trying the 'net on the way home.

It was a little uncomfortable typing with my laptop on my lap. It doesn't work well sitting on the tray table as it's a bad height and when the person in front of you reclines their seat, it prevents you from opening the screen sufficiently.

Overall, a good service which was productive and passed the time.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sitting in the 'power enabled' seat now and it's not a standard 'outlet' plug... it's circular like a car cigarette lighter/adapter. However, it looks a little smaller in diameter than a cigarette adapter, although i could be (and am likely) wrong in this regard... i didn't have anything to measure it with so i took a coin and the diameter is slightly smaller than the diameter of a nickel.

The flights are done... connection was good. Not the blazing speed i get at home (but we have good cable ISP here) but certainly sufficient for surfing. When i was on the board occcaisional posts would get "page cannot be displayed" messages (404 Error Page) and i couldn't run 5-6 tabs with 3-4 'working' at the same time like i do at home (i also run dual monitor at home), but on a long flight i would have no problems using the service again. (not sure yet if i would pay $13 for a 1.5 hour flight though, would depend upon how much i needed to do and if there were other things i could do during the flight)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]