Cancelling a Priceline Retail Car

venter
By venter,
in

Hi. I recently hired a Pricline car (retail side of the website) for $37 per day for 4 days.

Since I booked the car, I have discovered both this site and the "name your price options" on priceline.

Is it possible for me to cancel my reservation without charge and then try to rebook the same type of car for the same days through the better bidding "name your price" PRICELINE link?

I should be able to save $20 a day if its possible.

Almost all rental cars on the "retail" (ie- not "name your own price" or bidding) section of their website should be fully cancellable without penalty, but you should check the terms of the actual car you purchased to verify.

You can probably pull up your reservation and/or cancel by going to PRICELINE, logging in at the top of their home page, then selecting the MY TRIPS link... next to the car rental there will likely be instructions on how to cancel (or a simple link to do so).

Assuming you verify the rental is cancellable without penalty, you may want to bid on PRICELINE first before cancelling, just to make sure your successful, for if you're not, you may still need to 'fall back' on your current reservation.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know if we can be of further help and how your bidding goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]