Priceline Hotel: 2.5* NYC (Downtown-SoHo-Financial District) Gild Hall

shayan
By shayan,
in

Hi,

I am looking to book a hotel for aug 22-aug 25 in new york city

am open to time square midtown west & east, madison square garden, south central park & even the empire state building area)

I have done a bid up to 133$ including 4, 3, 2.5, and 2 star and NO LUCK!!

do u know of anything going on during that time? Any recommendations. Are there other areas in the city that are still downtown nice, and close to subway that could achieve a hotel at that bid price?

thanks

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Rates are not that high, but with the weak dollar NYC has been a bit more expensive than usual lately with lots of foreign tourists visiting lately given the favorable currency conversions... this is just adding to demand to the 'normal' events and convenitons that are always taking place in the city.

Is your budget firm at $133? Although you've already been rejected for a 2* hotel at this price, I think you have a chance at a 4* hotel at just a bit more (say $160 or so)

What about the Chelsea zone... is there a reason you're not including that in your search?

Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option?

Let us know the above and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

K i was stupid yesterday and when i made my bids again, i included every district i liked including chelsea, but I also included Soho district (I dont know why, but accidentally clicked the box)

I have booked the Gild Hall A Thompson Hotel in Soho for 145$ (still too high for a 2.5 star) using your PRICELINE link. It's on Gold Street in the super south of Manhattan. I am super unhappy with my mistake, and tried getting out of it or changing it with PRICELINE, but no luck.

Have you ever heard of anybody being able to change their bid. I talked to my credit card company and they said they can dispute the charge for me... But... Id rather be able to change it and use priceline and have all parties happy. know anybody with changing success?

Either way is financial district a bad neighborhood? Is it safe? and how long does it usually get to get to midtown from Gold Street.

I just need some advice to let me know the area i ended up in is not so bad, seeing that its a 2.5 star and it cost 145$ which is much higher than i hoped.

thanks

I wouldn't worry about this 'win' at all...

This hotel will soon (imo) be a 4* property thru PRICELINE. The property was recently rehabilitated by the Thompson Group which has been doing some very cool (read: chic) things in the hotel market. Since recently renovated not all services are available, most notably there is no restaurant, and this is the reason for the lower star rating (NOTE: the restaurant, once opened, will be a Todd English creation)

As well, the hotel has been getting excellent reviews.

While the hotel is located downtown, there are a few differnet subway lines walkable nearby depending upon where in the city you want to go. As well, you're close to the downtown TKTS Booth so get your tix there if you intend on seeing a show, and also have a lunch/dinner at Katz Deli (pastrami sandwich is what they're known for... be a local by ordering at the counter and then sitting at a table rather than the waitress service area :) )

Thanks for sharing your win with the board and for using our PRICELINE link to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 8 months later...

Hi.

I just wanted to send a review of the Gild hall NYC.

We went in August, and spent 145$ a night for 3 nights. at first i was dissapointed with my bid but once i got there i LOVED IT!

the hotel is very cool. Very modern, kind of like an old regal horse race/library theme.

Rooms are very nice, staff are very goodlooking youngand nice. Morning pastries and coffee available and everyday they leave you a brownie on your pillow when they clean your room

This hotel does not deserve to be the 2.5 star it was at the time. It is a great deal, and very accessible by subway.

Thanks

a

I would agree with the comments posted about Gild Hall. There were still some obvious Holiday Inn touches (like the elevator and size of the rooms), we were there during their soft opening phase last May, and really enjoyed staying there. The bed, bed linens, and toiletries were all top notch. Bathroom linens and bath robes first class.

Proud to be Canadian!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]