Priceline Hotel: 4* Montreal Le Centre Sheraton Montreal

fastmiele
By fastmiele,
in

Of all 5 zones available in Montreal, only downtown has 4* so that makes 4 rebid zones to try. Be aware that you shouldn't mecessarily base your bid on the results obtained on different dates as the market changes from time to time depending on what is happening in the city. For instance, Montreal is a summer festival city and there's always one during the summer and I do believe it's the FrancoFolies during your date meaning that it can affect the rates.

Thank you for the replies. I think I understand the re-bidding process of selecting a zone to see if it has a 4 star or not. Only downtown

Montreal has 4 star hotels so I have another 4 rebids, but I am fearful of some accident where if I include an area which doesn't have one but

then mysteriously I get a hotel there. That would be absolutely disasterous. I am not sure if I really understand what truely happened to

dougiew444 but that's exactly what I am afraid of.

Okay I made another bid today for downtown Montreal - $74 - rejected again.

That's okay I have another couple of weeks to book a hotel, so I going to take the slow but safe way on bidding. Some people may

call me a chicken, but I can't afford any problems. I am simply going to keep putting an increase of $2 a day until I reach up to say

$84-$86. At that point if I don't get anything I am thinking of booking the $89 or $94 hotwire 4 star special.

From my readings I think you guessed the $94 special is Delta Center-ville. The reviews are not that good.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1...eal_Quebec.html

sleepless in Montreal :)

dougiew444 didn't understand re-bidding, read a few posts here and figured he could add any zone in order to bid again, and therefore ended up in an area he didn't intend.

Since you have time you can continue to bid one zone a day as you have been, but keep in mind that there is risk in doing that as well (risk of an overbid, not necessarily zone risk)...

Let's say that you bid $82 and are rejected, later that day lower priced inventory is released so that $70 would be successful; however, when you bid again the next day you'll be starting at $85 and thus never have the chance to get the lower price. As well, keep in mind that selections/offerings change all the time, so the HOTWIRE hotel currently offered may not be the one (nor may there be one available for under $100/nite) offered once you exhaust your PRICELINE bidding (not too big of a deal since you dont' necessarily love the current offer, but keep in mind an affordable option may not necessarily still be offered once you need it)

With the above noted, you have to bid within your comfort level, and should only follow strategies you understand (if you'd like more information on re-bidding let us know).

Lastly, note if you're not happy with the current 4* HOTWIRE offering, if you search for 2adults/2children there is a different 4* hotel offered for $96/nite (Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Interent, Business, Spa)... this matches the Sheraton Le Centre, Marriott Chateau Champlain, and Omni Mont-Royal so either of these would be our best guess (and are listed on our best guess order)

Please use these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your travel purchases.

Keep us updated or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

okay, your pep talk gave me the courage to continue on. Also curiousity got the better of me.

I believe I understand how the zones works and getting free re-bids, but I just didn't have

the confidence as a newbie.

I continued on with the bidding through the PRICELINE link. I put in a bid of $80 and got the

message to increase my bid by an additional $22 to secure my hotel. At this time I knew

I was close so I declined and added another zone for $82 and got rejected again. I put in

a final bid of $85 and my offer was accepted. :)

Winning hotel name - Le Centre Sheraton Montreal Hotel

Thank you all for your patience and help in my first PRICELINE win. :)

Hopefully more in the future.

Cheers.

"Give a man a fish, teach a man to fish... " :)

Congratulations on your win!

Glad to hear you continued on and were successful in your first PRICELINE win... we're happy to have helped!

Looks like you got a very nice deal and are happy with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and for using our PRICELINE links to begin your bidding.

Have a great trip (and spend some of your savings on something nice :) )

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]