Hotwire Hotel: San Diego (Downtown-Harbor Island) Sheraton Marina

grtanner
By grtanner,
in

Was looking for a room for 5 nights from July 7 to 12. Hotwire came up with a Harbor area 4* for $98. The amenities didn't match with any on the list in this forum, so I thought I'd reserve 1 night first to find out which hotel it was. Anyway, turned out to be the Sheraton Hotel and Marina. This seemed good value, so i went to reserve the following 4 nights, only to find the price had gone up to $111. As the same amenities were listed, I thought we'd go for it. But...turned out we got 4 nights at the Westin Horton Plaza! So, we get to move after one night, but I'm still happy with the Westion for $111!

I think Hotwire aren't putting all the icons up for amenities - to make it harder to spot which hotel is being listed! All the Sheraton/Westin showed were restaurant, pool, fitness, and business center...

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please add the amenities associated with the hotel(s) so that we can add them to the list... it's the only way we can expand the lists in order to help others. You can still access the amenities by clicking the MY ACCOUNT link on the top right corner of Hotwire's home page.

As well, let's leave this thread for the Sheraton and please start a new thread for the Westin. This will enable each hotel to have it's own title representing the hotel.

Thanks!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

In the past this hotel had more amenities so thanks for the update.

It was also a Customer Favorite... is that still the case?

EDIT: actually, can you look at the MY ACCOUNT link on the top right corner of Hotwire's homepage? I just did a search for your two stays and on the second search came up with a Customer Favorite and all the amenities previously associated with the Sheraton (this would imply that they're using both simultaneously). For the solo nite i did see just the 4 icons without the Customer Favorite designation!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Next time you buy the first night to see the hotel,clear your cookies.When you buy that way they raise the rates for nights you go back in and try to buy.It worked for me and I was back down to the price I paid for the first night.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]