Priceline Hotel: 3* Los Angeles (Beverly Hills-West Hollywood) Hyatt West Hollywood

coast2coast21
By coast2coast21,
in

What do most of these hotels do for New Years? I'm planning to spend Dec. 27-Jan. 1 in LA, and would like to stay at the 3* Hyatt or maybe get a 4* (I would hope that it's the Mondrian because I want to be on the strip). I'm expecting the prices to be higher than the typical $95 winning bids for the 3* Hyatt or the typical $120 or so for the 4*'s in WeHo-BevHills. What do you guys think? Is there even going to be any supply available to Priceline for these hotels for the New Years time?

If there is availability it would likely take higher than usual prices to have success.

If you'd like to bid for this stay, let us know what star rating you'd like to try for and your maximum bid and we'll advise accordingly. You may also want to consider SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think you're each looking at different time periods... Colfax refering to just the nite of 12/31 while coast2coast21 is using either the complete stay or just 12/27-12/31.

coast2coast21, can you clarify what dates you're refering to when you state:

rates aren't anywhere near $579
and what prices you are seeing.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

I think the 4* hotels in the West Hollywood zone are going to be too expensive.

I'm going to try to bid upto maybe $110-$115 in hopes of getting the 3* Hyatt on Sunset, otherwise I'm considering the 2.5* residence Inn. It looks like that hotel can be won for under $80, so that might be the one. Is that the only 2.5* in the West Hollywood zone? So basically if I bid 2.5*, I will end up with the Residence Inn and I might even be upgraded to the 3* Sunset Hyatt (or possibly the 3* Crowne Plaza, but that's a very slim chance)....?

^ I'm staying from Dec. 27 - Jan. 1st so I might be willing to split the stay between 2 hotels.

And I checked earlier regarding availablity. I put Dec. 27th- Jan 1st and it showed availability. I read your message about it being sold-out, so I checked again. If you put Dec. 31- Jan. 1st as your stay, it says sold-out. But the 27th-1st shows availability.

Okay, I got the 3* Sunset Hyatt for $110 (nights of Dec. 27, 28, 29) and $108 for the night of Dec. 30th. I'm still working on a hotel for New Year's Eve, I got shot down up to $125 for a 3* in West Hollywood, but I will try again in the next few days.

Also, what is this GFS thing? Are they really going to refund me 15% of my priceline purchase?

Above i didn't re-read the thread, was just looking at 12/31 based upon the "new years" description in the previous topic title. Thank you for sharing your win with the board... glad to see you got a deal on at least part of your stay.

GFS (used acronym here since i don't wish to promote them) is likely a subscription based service that you would join and then it's difficult to cancel :) ... i'm not sure why priceline (and other companies) partner with these types of outfits as they simply degrade their own brand image. You can do as you wish but my advice is to stay away.

Please start a NEW TOPIC if you'd like help with the balance of your stay.

^ Ummm after I won at $110 for the 27-29, I tried to extend my stay for the 30-31st, but it gave me something ridiculous like $222/night. So I re-did the 30th at $108, and I'm going to try the 31st at $150 and above for the next few days. Should I start lower than $150? And do you think $150 is reasonable if they tried to sell it to me for over $220?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]