Priceline Hotel: 3* Los Angeles (Airport LAX) Hilton

AlSleet
By AlSleet,
in

I have a lot of time before a Jan 2005 trip so I thought I'd try a couple of low ball bids, just in case. :)

4* LAX 1/13/05 to 1/14/05 $50 failied

Rebid 3* LAX 1/13/05 to 1/14/05 $40 Failed

The best price I've found online for accaptable hotels around LAX has been $150/night.

I'll wait and rebid a little higher later. Since it's just one night before a cruise ship vacation, I really don't want to be anywhere else than LAX. We get in in the evening and only will need to grab a bite to eat and a few hours of sleep before heading to the pier the next day. For convenience and since I have so much time, I'm limiting to bidding on this one area.

Attempted 4* at $57 for LAX failed

Rebid 3* at $50 at got LAX Hilton. Travelocity's best rate that I qualified for was $109. The AARP rate was $99.

The downside is they don't appear to have shuttle service. I could have gone to Hotwire and paid $56 for a 3* with shuttle service. Might have been a better deal but we have always been pleased with Hilton.

Hilton Los Angeles Airport

Check-In Date: Thursday, January 13, 2005

Check-Out Date: Friday, January 14, 2005

Los Angeles Airport (LAX)

5711 West Century Blvd

Los Angeles, California 90045

Reservation Information:

Check-In Date: Thu, Jan 13, 2005

Check-In Time: After 03:00 PM

Check-Out Date: Fri, Jan 14, 2005

Check-Out Time: 12:00 PM

Your Offer Price: $50.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $50.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$13.19

Total Charges: $63.19

I like to have things wrapped up ahead of time. Most of the rates I'd seen around the airport were in the $100 range no matter what dates I plugged in. The difference between $50 and $40 doesn't mean a that much to me. Plus, $50 for one night at a convenient location in a quality hotel seems more than reasonable to me.

I plan vacations a long ways in advance. I get board and it's an activity that I enjoy. I've never done well waiting until the last minute either. So now, this trip is wrapped up and in the bank.

Hi AlSleet!

Some personal advice from someone who bids LAX from time to time: I wouldn't go much higer on your bids if I were you. $40 should have been enough to land you a 3* (at the Sheraton or one of the others). My personal guess is that you're bidding too early - the hotels may not have given PL inventory yet...

Take care,

DeltaPurser :)

I saw your post a little late. Seems things sort of disappear, then reappear here. :) Or maybe my eyes need to be checked again. :)

At any rate, I ended up with the Hilton for $50, which is fine by me. The $10 doesn't make that big of a difference to me and I like to have things wrapped up early when I can. What can I say, I was board and playing around on my computer waiting for the NFL draft to start. LOL

Thanks for the advice, wish I had seen it sooner. I might have held out a couple of more months just for the heck of it.

Check that comment about things disappearing. It's my point and clicker that seems to be off. I just looked at the Hotwire forum and my post ended up there. I seem to have a jumpy computer and I'm not clicking the link I thought I was. Very frustrating if you know what I mean. I'm going to have to pay closer attention to what forum I'm in.

I'm already starting to eyeball rates for a trip I'm working on for September of '05. We're hoping to sale a repositioning cruise from Vancouver to Hawaii. My thoughts are to spend a couple of nights in Seattle, then take the bus to Vancouver for embarkation to Hawaii. I'll be watching the hotel rates to get an idea of what a good rate should be. It's a trip I plan on using Priceline or Hotwire for as well. When I have results, I'll be sure to post 'em. Of course, it will be several months in the future.

Thanks for moving my misplaced post. It's probably not my computer but more likely my eyes. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]