Priceline Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Beverly Hills-West Hollywood) Mondrian

scjs4r
By scjs4r,
in

First time priceline user. Bid 5 consecutive days at 125 and then upped to 130. I wish I knew about this sight first. I thought I was bidding on the hotels listed at Priceline Beverly Hills. Imagine my surprise at being assigned a hotel listed as Hollywood. I contacted Priceline several times and their "customer service people" told me that Beverly Hills and West Hollywood are the same. The map on my original search was broken down to smaller areas, but the map used for bidding is not the same as when you are searching for a hotel with a set price. Now I understand 130 is a good price, but I feel like I have been had. Bait and Switch. Based on the reviews at tripadvisor, I am not sure that Mondrian will be 4 * quality.

I hope for the best!!!

Any information would be much appreciated.

Welcome to BetterBidding, scjs4r.

As you've figured out already Priceline defines the L.A. zones differently in their retail product and "Name Your Own Price" product. In "Name Your Own Price" the zone's name is "Beverly Hills-West Hollywood" (not "Beverly Hills") and the Mondrian Hotel is in West Hollywood (not Hollywood, as you wrote).

You can view the zone boundaries before you bid, and the Mondrian IS within the boundaries of the Beverly Hills-West Hollywood zone.

The Mondrian's best price for your dates is $375.

In the future if you want to stay in Beverly Hills area only Hotwire might be the way to go as Hotwire puts Bev Hills and West Hollywood in two different zones. I hope the Mondrian works out for you though.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Not too much i can add to Colfax's comments above... sorry to hear you're disappointed with your first priceline experience.

On the bright side, it caused you to find this board and hopefully you'll give the opaque providers another shot, and with the help of the board, we can try to keep you out of 'trouble'. Feel free to ask for help before your next hotel stay.

Enjoy your trip.

PS- one tip if you ever receive a hotel you're not expecting or happy with... spend some of the money saved on something 'special'. Take a limo ride around the city, order a bottle of win you wouldn't usually order at dinner, etc, etc... these are the things that you'll remember from your vacation and think of using priceline as the catalyst which made you able to do so

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Great advice! The hotel was better than I anticipated. I am very glad I found this board.

PS- one tip if you ever receive a hotel you're not expecting or happy with... spend some of the money saved on something 'special'. Take a limo ride around the city, order a bottle of win you wouldn't usually order at dinner, etc, etc... these are the things that you'll remember from your vacation and think of using priceline as the catalyst which made you able to do so
  • 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]