Hotwire Hotel: 4* San Diego (Downtown-Harbor Island) Westin Horton Plaza

sknt
By sknt,
in

Hi, I have been following your forum for a few days and I think it is GREAT! I am new to this forum and to the whole bidding process. We are going to San Diego with our two kids from 8/20/07 for 5 nights and I saw the following deals on Hotwire: 4-star hotel in Gaslamp Quarter for $133 and 4-star hotel in Downtown - Harbor Island for $136.

I was wondering if I may be able to get a better price on Priceline for a 4-star hotel in the same area. Around $100 would be ideal but up to $120 would be fine. Any help on how to go about this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The first issue you need to contend with is that priceline only guarantees double occupancy... after that it's at the discretion of the hotel. Some people choose to take the risk, others not. Is this a risk you're willing to accept?

Not sure how many occupants you were searching for above, but HOTWIRE does allow you to search for up to quad occupancy, which would ensure there were enough sleeping accomodations for everyone in your family.

Let us know your thougths, and ask any questions, and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for getting back to me. I was searching for 2 adults and 2 kids (4 and 6). I would rather not take the risk if we have to end up paying more or be denied accomodation because we have two additional people. So I guess there is no way to specify that you have 2 kids with you when you bid on Priceline?

Correct... priceilne only guarantees double occupancy.

If you list the amenities that HOTWIRE associates with the hotels above we'll try to see if we can take an educated guess as IDing them.

If you move forward before posting back, please use this HOTWIRE link to begin any purchases you make.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The listing for $133 is not posted any more but the 4-star hotel in Downtown - Harbor Island is still listed for $136 a night. The amenities listed are Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-speed Internet Access

Also, there is 3-star hotel in Mission Valley - Hotel Circle listed as a Customer Favorite for $99. The amenities are Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, Laundry Facilities, High-speed Internet Access

Yes, I will definitely use the link you provided when I decide to buy.

Thanks

The 4* is a match for the Westin Horton Plaza while the 3* is a match for the Holiday Inn San Diego Zoo area... so those would be our best guesses for each.

Thanks in advance for using our HOTWIRE link to begin your purchase.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

I made the reservation at the 4 star hotel in downtown harbor island for $136 on hotwire and it is the Westin Horton Plaza. Thanks for all the help and I did use your HOTWIRE link to make the reservation. This is a great site and I will advertise it to all my friends and family.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]