Hotwire Hotel: 2* Tucson (Central)

bikechef
By bikechef,
in

• 2 weeks later...
There's only one 2* in Central Tucson. Anyone know which hotel this is?

Unfortunately, there are a bunch of Hotels that could be called 2* in the area. Many more are probably listed as 2* but are really 1 or 1.5*

along the Freeway heading South you have the Quality Inn, it has a restaurant. Then there is the Ramada Ltd. Denny's next door. Then a Days Inn with Carl's Jr. Next door. Riverpark is next but it is listed as 3*. Then a Motel 6, a Howard Johnson. and La Quinta. Across the Starr Pass is yet another Motel 6 and a Super 8. Heading Northbound there is an Inn Suites at 6th Ave.

Away from the Freeway, I really cannot think of a 2* (or anything remotely considered a 2*) that I would want to stay in.

My best Guess based on only a laundry showing as amenity. Is probably the Days Inn or the Ramada. The La Quinta is nice but not really up to normal La Quinta Standards as yet. (Formerly a Holiday Inn) of all of the hotels, I would probably go with the Riverpark at 3*. or Book directly with any of the others that fits your fancy. (Most have a single at about $50 this time of year.

Oh, yeah. I-10 thru Tucson is undergoing major construction. all of the hotels listed will have construction traffic. So call the hotel of your choice and ask for a discount because of the construction. Or look to the Airport for slightly better properties. You might also check Visittucson.org. That is the Visitor's Bureau website, and often they will have really good deals at some of the Resorts during the summer. (i.e. Last year they had Westin La Paloma at $79 per night.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]