Hotwire Hotel: 3* LA (Torrance-Redondo) Holiday Inn Torrance

MrsPhim
By MrsPhim,
in

Hello! I am very new to all of this, I always wanted to use Hotwire but was always unsure about it. Now that I've found this forum, I'm really excited to try it!

Can anyone help me figure these hotels out that I'm considering - sorry, I kinda have a long list, and I tried figuring it out myself but just ended up feeling kinda dizzy and overwhelmed! I'm going to be staying from April 3-4, 2004 (short notice huh!) guess that's why the prices are a little higher than usual.

- Anaheim - Disneyland North for $54

*3 stars, Best Value, has restaurant, pool, fitness center, laundry self service

- Anaheim - Disneyland South for $60

*3 stars, Customer Favorite, has restaurant, pool, fitness center, business center

(from reading previous posts, I'm guessing that this is the Crowne Plaza??)

- Orange County - John Wayne Airport SNA for $54

*3.5 stars, Customer Favorite and Best Value, has restaurant, pool, fitness

center, business center, and laundry self-service

- Downey-Commerce-Norwalk (East of Downtown LA) for $50

*3.5 stars, Best Value, has restaurant, pool, fitness center, business center, golf

- LAX Airport for $63

*3.5 stars, Best Value, has airport shuttle, restaurant, pool, fitness center, laundry

(could be the Crowne Plaza??)

- LAX Airport for $55

*3 stars, has restaurant, pool, fitness center, business center

- Torrance-Redondo Beach (LAX area) for $50

3 stars, Best Value, has restaurant, pool, fitness center, business center, golf,

laundry

Again, my dates are April 3-4, 2004. Thank you sooooo much for your help and sorry again for my lack of knowledge!

It could be the crown plaza but its missing the laundry icon ,so theres a chance its another hotel.Theres so many hotels in this area that its hard to guess if the amenities change.If you do buy one of these rooms please post the details with hotel amenities.

You listed John Wayne airport area as one you are willing to stay in?Its not that far from Disneyland and if you bid 4* on priceline you should be able to get a 4* for $40-$60.Theres 7 free rebid areas for this area (Newport-huntington is not a free rebid).On priceline the John Wayne area is called Costa mesa-Irvine.If this works bid $40 and use free rebids adding $3 each time to $60 or $5 to your limit.Just being there one day you might not want to make the 20 min drive?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Below are my best guesses. Since i'm a little pressed for time please double check anything you decide to purchase with the HOTWIRE HOTEL CALIFORNIA LIST (some were just added!):

3* DisneyNorth: Anaheim Park Hotel

3.5* Disney South: DoubleTree Hotel Anaheim/Orange County

3.5* Orange County SNA: Crowne Plaza

3* LAX: Four Points Barcelo Culver City

Let us know how you make out or if there are any other questions.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello! Thanks everyone, for your help and suggestions! Actually, I went ahead and got the Torrance-Redondo Beach hotel for $50.00, since I was curious about it. It turned out to be the Holiday Inn Torrance, which is not bad, but probably not as good a deal as others since I checked it on the Holiday Inn website and the rate is $69, with tax. Total I paid is $63. It's in a really good location though and next to the Del Amo mall, so I'm looking forward to it. So if you need to add it to the hotel lists, it is:

-Torrance-Redondo Beach (LAX area) HOLIDAY INN TORRANCE

3 stars, Best Value, has restaurant, pool, fitness center, business center, golf, and

laundry self-serve

Can you please double check the amenities directly from Hotwire's website by going to the MY ACCOUNT link on the top right corner of Hotwire's home page (rather than what you posted above).

A current search for this property does not show a business icon and i'd like to make sure we get it right, THANKS!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Okay, I looked at My Account and my hotel purchase details, and it doesn't show the Business Icon (even though I think it showed it before I made the purchase cuz I wrote everything down), but these are the icons/amenities it shows: restaurant, pool, fitness center, golf nearby, laundry facilities. Also, looking at the hotel's description on the Holiday Inn website, it does have a whole listing for their Business Services, but I guess it is not showing the Business icon on Hotwire. Hope this helped and sorry for any confusion!! I'm sure I will become familiar with all this as time goes by! Thank you! =)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]