Hotwire Hotel: 3* San Diego (Sea World-Mission Bay-Shelter Island) Hyatt Mission Bay

mom2threekids
By mom2threekids,
in

I'm trying to book a hotel for Mon July 23 for one night. I want a 4 star hotel in the coastel area. I read that I should try Hotwire since you can pick that area. How do you go about picking that area on Hotwire. All I see is a four star in downtown/Harbor Island for $129 is that the area I want to pick? Once again I want a hotel on the coast in San Diego. I will be booking for 2 adults and 2 children and want to stay on the coast. Thank you for all your help.

mom2threekids

Welcome to BetterBidding, mom2threekids.

Priceline has a Coastal zone. HOTWIRE divides the same territory into two zones---1) SeaWorld/Mission Bay/Shelter Island and 2) Coastal. Hotwire's Coastal zone is roughly the northern half of Priceline's Coastal zone. Not every hotel in the the coastal zones is oceanfront, on Priceline or Hotwire.

When you say you want a room "on the coast" I'm not sure if you mean a beachfront property or just something near the beach, which could be six blocks or a mile away. The only way to guarantee a beachfront property is to buy a HOTWIRE hotel with the beachfront icon.

Checking 7/23 for TWO people (I know your party is four) HOTWIRE has a 4* in SeaWorld/Mission Bay for $141. The amenities include Beachfront and look like a match for the Hilton San Diego Resort on Mission Bay. (ID is not guaranteed.) That's a great deal since the Hilton's best rate on 7/23 is $339!

BUT, when I input FOUR people instead of TWO the 4* option goes away. That means the Hilton is willing to guarantee one bed but not two. On Hilton's website they have two bed rooms available, and I think they'd probably be able to give you two beds, but there's no guarantee of that.

For FOUR guests Hotwire also has a 3* Customer Favorite in the SeaWorld zone at $117. The amenities match the Hyatt Regency Mission Bay, but the icon is "Near Beach" not "Beachfront". Per the hotel's website the beach is 0.7 miles away. But the two beds are guaranteed there.

If you purchase either one please use this HOTWIRE link and let us which hotel you win.

Welcome to BetterBidding and thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Can you please add the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view these by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY STUFF link near the top of their home page.

Thanks, enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]