Priceline Hotel: Need Hotel - Spokane Airport Area

NC Traveler
By NC Traveler,
in

New to the board and I hope that I am posting in the right section.

I need two rooms near the Spokane aiport for one night (9/14). The only Spokane hotels I see listed here are downtown, etc. Does anyone have any experience bidding on hotels near Spokane's airport? There is a Holiday Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, etc. in the area - but they all are about $115/night. I hope I can do better. Thanks in advance.....

Welcome to BetterBidding!

When using the opaque suppliers you need to be able to accept a hotel anywhere within the shaded boundaries of the zone.

While the priceline zone covers a wide area and may be too large for you to accept a hotel anywhere within that area, HOTWIRE divides this region into smaller areas (and even has a Spokane Airport zone). Take a look at the zone on HOTWIRE... can you accept a hotel anywhere within their boundary?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 year later...

While I agree with thereuare's suggestion to take a look at Hotwire, thought I'd add my experience with Spokane in case any of it was of any use to you.

Last fall I bid via Priceline and got Red Lion Hotel rooms on two different dates while bidding in the 3*s in downtown Spokane and the airport.

One bid was won at $49 and one at $59. It was before I started posting here. Since I was planning to rent a car, downtown Spokane was OK with me, as well as the airport. Apparently the airport hotels were more expensive as I ended up winning in downtown.

While the Red Lion River does not consider itself an airport hotel, it offers every 1/2 hour shuttle service to and from the airport. On the return side of my trip, I ended up dropping my car off in the evening, taking the shuttle to the hotel, and then back to the airport in the morning so I could avoid the driving. I can't speak for other hotels, and don't know your particular plans, but thought I'd post this in case you really aren't tied to an airport hotel (and maybe get lucky and get a downtown one with shuttle service anyway?).

You are way early now, and hotels really don't have a good reason to offer any bargains. Assuming you don't go the Hotwire route, if I were in your position, I'd just calmly submit bids maybe every couple of weeks for something like $50 to $60. Spokane North doesn't have 3* or higher, so can be used for a free rebid. You could first bid $50 on the airport zone, and then add Spokane North and bid $60. Or if you could use downtown also, you could bid first that, then the airport, and then that free rebid. If you start getting too close to your departure time, whatever your nerves can handle, then could be the time to start exploring higher $$ levels.

The hotel was really nice. Clean, quiet, comfortable, etc. and I was treated very nicely. Beautifully landscaped. There was regular shuttle service to and from the airport, every 1/2 hour as I recall. There are two Red Lions in the area, just across the street from each other. Both are 3*s. Good natured shuttle drivers.

Spokane is a relatively small city and these two hotels are only about 8 miles or under 15 minutes from the airport.

Romelle

Just got back from 3 nights at the Red Lion at the park. It has a free airport shuttle, free wifi, and free parking. I had a reservation for each night and all three rooms were very nice. I was upgraded to a two room suite on the 3rd night. If it were me I would target the RL at the park instead of the airport area. It only takes 10 mins to get to the airport from downtown and 1 hour is more then enough time to check bags and get to the gate.

After checking your date I don't see the RL available on Hotwire. The RL did not release rooms to HW and PL until the night before on the last night of my stay. There was a big convention in town. There is a hotel right at the airport, I think it was a Ramada.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm planning on going to

Spokane for May 29-June 1st. Any idea what I should be realistically bidding in 2009?

I would want a 3 * hotel so I guess I'm limited to Red Lion and Doubletree.

Please start a new topic for your own trip.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]