Priceline Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Beverly Hills-West Hollywood) InterContinental

luckyg
By luckyg,
in

We are looking for 2 rooms for 3 nights in the West Hollywood area. We would like to try for a 4* or 3*....but would take a 2.5* for a really good deal.

We weren't sure if we should try one night in the southern part of LA and then 2 nights in the West Hollywood area. I don't know the area or really what we want to do yet. 4 Friends going to LA unsure of what to do!!! Yikes...I might be to vague..sorry

I am still looking for Los Angeles. I tried 4* in Beverly West Hollywood, using rebid zones Brentwood, Culver, Redondo, Santa Monica...starting at $68, all the way to $100. No luck today.

I was thinking about trying for a 3*, or maybe a steal of a 2.5*. Any suggestions?

Yesterday I went through my strategy for the 4* in West HOllywood. When I got to $100 Priceline came back with "if you raise your bid $22 we can get a room for you" I didn't do it because my sister started to panic about being in a 4* and spending too much. But truthfully when I went back to all the Expedia/Orbitz sites, most of the 2 stars would have cost us the same as the $122 bid. She is worried about the expense of parking. Also it seems like most 2* are on the side of a highway.

Should I just use my same strategy again today and hope for the best?

I don't know the strategy you previously used but i would bid as follows (based upon your counter-offer and previously rejected bids):

At the 4* level you have 5 re-bid zones available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* West Hollywood...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $122.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks, I came up with my own strategy based on lots of input from other posts. I ALWAYS use the savingsbarn.com link to go to priceline. I don't always mention that I do, and now I will always use it and always mention the savingsbarn.com link to get to priceline :)

Congratulations on your win... glad to hear of your success and a very nice deal for this prpoerty.

Do you recall the amount of your highest previously rejected bid before your $120 acceptance?

Thanks for sharing and for using the PRICELINE links at SavingsBarn.com to start your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The day the bid was accepted I had gone to $98 and they came back with 'raise your bid $22 and we can get a room"

The day before that, I had bid $100 and got that same message. I did not take advantage of it at $100, but did the next day at $98, so I felt like a saved a little....Funny thing about this bidding is you are psyched with what you get but then always left with the sinking feeling..."could I have gotten it for LESS"!

Thanks so much for all your help. Now I want to start planning another trip!! :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]