Priceline Hotel: looking for help with 4* Hollywood June 9

otottmom
By otottmom,
in

I'm looking for suggestions/help with a bidding strategy for the following:

4* property, Hollywood, 1 night on June 9th, absolute maximum bid $125.00.

I'm hoping for The Renaissance Hollywood Hotel as it is in close proximity to a concert we're seeing at The Hollywood Bowl. I believe the regular rate through Marriott's website was approx. $250.00 for this date. I'm OK though with any 4* within this zone, I noticed others have won The Rossevelt for just over $100.00 lately.

If I'm not mistaking, I believe I will have 5 free re-bid zones: Brentwood/Westwood, Culver City, Lawndale, Redondo/Manhattan and Santa Monica/Marina Del Rey. What should I start my bid at?

Thanks for your help. I will use Savingsbarn link once I'm ready with a strategy. :)

You have your re-bid zones correct. You can try as follows:

Select 4* Hollywood...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Hollywood and re-bid zone4...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $105, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Hollywood and re-bid zone5...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $130.

I did go up to $130 because we have one see the Renaissance take that much (after a $125 rejection) but it's up to you if you want to add the extra $5 or not. You can cross this bridge when you get there as you may be accepted at a lower armount and it may not even be necessary to give it any thought.

Any questions feel free toa sk.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

:) No Luck! I followed your outline exactly, but it rejected me all the way through the final $130.00 bid. Any suggestions from here...should I just wait and try again next week? In the meantime, maybe I should book a cancelable reservation somewhere else. :) Thanks for your help.

Thanks for your input. I checked availability at The Renaissance last night and they had rooms, so maybe they sold out today. Bummer! I'm not sure what my strategy would be on 3* Hollywood hotels since there are probably a lot more of them. Maybe I'll wait 24 hours and re-try this one again and raise my maximum bid a little. Thanks again!

Actually only one 3* hotel has been reported won on Priceline in the Hollywood zone---the Holiday Inn Walk of Fame. No guarantee something else wouldn't come up. The Holiday Inn is a definite step down from the 4*'s in Hollywood but it's available on June 9 for $152.10 and just a few blocks from Hollywood Bowl.

If it appeals to you I'd try about $80 or $85 for a 3* in Hollywood. Or try higher for the 4*. If you win the Roosevelt at $150 that would still be 50% off.

Hotwire has a a 3* for $167 or 2.5* for $113 in their Hollywood-West Hollywood zone. Hotwire's zone combines Hollywood and WeHo, so no guarantee you'd be getting a hotel in Hollywood.

If you followed thereuare's strategy exactly then you've used up your free rebid zones and need to wait 24 hours from your last bid before starting over. If your travel companion has a Priceline account of their own you can bid on that account without waiting though. Either way please continue to use the board's support links.

I just got notified by PL that my time is up and I can start over. I'll re-try same strategy again later this evening when I have the time to spare. As always, I will access PL through the savingsbarn link. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks!

Failed again. I used savingsbarn links, and bid up to $135.00...no luck. I don't think I want to stay in that 3* in Hollywood, so I'm not willing to change much about my criteria except maybe to bid a max of $150.00. I'll probably keep trying this strategy every 2 days and see what happens. I'll post an update if I ever win.

Thanks. If I'm willing to go up to a max bid of $150.00, should I begin my next new bid higher than the $68.00 that the above strategy states? I don't fully understand this whole thing. Can I just keep closing down the browser and re-accessing PL after every 4 or 5 re-bid zones and adding more money? My last attempt got a little screwed up and PL eventually told me that I can't bid anymore b/c I duplicated information. That happened at $135.00. Am I even making sense? :) Putting it more simply...if I want to go up to $150 now instead of my original $125...do I start my initial bid at say $85-90 and follow it through to $150?

No, you can't just keep closing the browser and increasing the bid amount. Priceline will only allow you to make the same bid once every 24 hours unless you add a zone (which is where Priceline Re-Bidding Explained comes into play) or lower your star rating.

If you're comfortable with your re-bid zones (if not, ask questions or confirm them with the board before bidding) i would try as follows:

Select 4* Hollywood...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Hollywood and re-bid zone4...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $125, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Hollywood and re-bid zone5...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $150.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I failed again! I followed your latest strategy with two exceptions: I changed the second to the last bid from $145 to $150 and the final bid from $150 to $160, ending at $160...nothing worked. $160 has to be my absolute maximum bid. Any ideas or suggestions???? Should I finally give up? Is the 3* in Hollywood that PL uses decent? If so, what is a fair price to pay for a 3* Sat. June 9th in Hollywood? Thanks for any advice you may have.

Used savingsbarn link each time I reaccessed PL throughout this process.

Select 4* WestHollywood...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* WestHollywood and re-bid zone4...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $100, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* WestHollywood and re-bid zone5...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $125.

Select 4* WestHollywood and Hollywood...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone3...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone4...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone5...

Bid $155.

Good Luck.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Did you ever win anything, otottmom?

Priceline didn't work for me on this one, so we cashed in TONS of Marriott reward points and stayed at The Renaissance in Hollywood. It worked out fabulous for going to the Hollywood Bowl, but unfortunately we had to use 30,000 points :) for it! Thanks as always for trying to help me.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]