Utah - local events that affect travel accommodations

debjcline
By debjcline,
in

Everyone knows about the Sundance Film Festival (January 18-28th 2007), but I travel to Salt Lake/ Provo every 6 weeks and have for 2 1/2 years (unfortunately not using PL, except the last two trips), and I have become aware of LDS (Mormon) events and local state holidays that affect hotel accomodations, etc. I 'm going to list them and if others know of other events or dates that effect travel in Salt Lake City and the surrounding areas, I would appreciate knowing about them.

The first weekend of April and the first weekend of October the LDS have a HUGE conference/gathering that fills a lot of hotels in Salt Lake City.

"Pioneer Day" State Holiday- July 24th

There's BYU games that affect Provo hotels

• 4 weeks later...

If you are going to the Provo/Orem area do NOT forget that when BYU and UNLV let in for the fall semester (a total of 60K students or so!) that it will be very crowded EVERYWHERE t- he last week of August usually. You not only cannot get a bargain rate at a hotel but will be lucky to get a room at all if you don't reserve one a couple of weeks ahead. It doesn't help the situation that frequently the first BYU home game coinsides with the start of the school year. Also at BYU graduation time (around the middle to end of April) the hotels will be very booked in the immediate vicinity in Provo. Beautiful area though!!! Good luck and enjoy!

• 5 years later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]