AL Mobile La Quinta West

Travelnow
By Travelnow,
in

This is an older motel type property with exterior corridors. It has been recently remodeled and was very clean and comfortable for our 1 night stay. The front desk was pleasant and we had no problem getting a nonsmoking double room. The beds/linens were fine. The bath was small but adequate. No problems with temperature. Free internet and breakfast, lots of tv channels, iron, hairdryer. There was a bit of noise outside from dumpsters at an adjoining property being emptied at 5 am. We won this bid for $45. I don't think we would bid this star/zone again since we just don't like exterior corridors. There was a note on our table about a rash of burglaries at this property, even when rooms were occupied (guess that is robbery). That definately put a crimp in our ability to relax. I guess I am grateful for the warning but don't think the $20 I saved was worth the worry after I read the note. This property usually has a $59 prepaid rate. There were lots of construction workers staying there as there is still a lot of work to do on the Gulf Coast.

• 1 year later...

I booked this hotel for two nights through Priceline for a pre-cruise stay. This was my second visit to this hotel, the first visit was in June 2006.

Upon arrival at 2:00 a.m., the front desk staff took an inordinate amount of time to find my room. In addition, I had called ahead and requested a crib for the room. I was told there was not a crib in the room and that the front desk did not have the ability to get one at that time. When I made it to the room I discovered there were no towels and there was a dead bug (dirt dobber) on the floor. Other problems in the room were burned out light bulbs, the remote did not work well, and the A/C did not work well. I heard other guests report the pool was cloudy. Positives were the inclusion of a refrigerator in the room and the water pressure.

For the price I paid for this room, I feel I received adequate quality. However, if I was paying the retail price for this hotel, I would feel the hotel was substandard. I would only recommend this hotel if you can get it for a substantial bargain off the retail price.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]