Priceline Hotel: 4* London (Bloomsbury/Marble) Melia White House

mapsmith
By mapsmith,
in

After trying for a 7 day stay from 2-17/24 with no luck in Bloomsbury, Mayfair, Westminster, SouthBank, and London Bridge up to $105, for the last two weeks, I decided to split the stay and see if two stays would help.

Got the Melia White House for $94 for 2-17/20. With a little guidance from the board (Thanks for the info WillTravel about looking at "spot on" UK Pounds) I realized that a previous Holiday Inn Regents Park Deal at $52.50 might catch a Priceline bid. First tried $89. (=50GBP) second was the $94 and worked.

Now to get the second half covered.

How did you determine how to split the bid.... are there higher rates for certain nites of your stay, did you simply try a few random variations, or did you decide to split the bid right down the middle?

Just curious and perhaps your approach will help that are faced with a similar situation.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I split the bid by looking at business vs. weekend. Since I was trying for 7 days Tuesday to Tuesday, I figured the first half should end with a Friday Checkout for the Bloomsbury area, since it is usually considered more of a weekend (at least according to the rates shown on most booking sites) Figured the second half would be the weekend at one of the more common business areas that would have more openings on the weekend (and maybe stretch to include Monday night.)

So far have had no luck on the second half, but may try the City for potential Weekend bid.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]