Holiday Inn cancellation policy

PDB_905
By PDB_905,
in

This is not Priceline or Hotwire related, but since there are experienced travelers here, I thought I'd ask for some quick advice--

A week or so ago, I was making hotel reservations for a group of people for a one-night stay. During the process, I had to change hotels and reservations a few times because people in the group kept changing their plans. Unfortunately, amidst the confusion I forgot to cancel two rooms at a Holiday Inn Express that I had intended to cancel. We did not stay there, but my credit card got charged per their stated cancellation policy.

Is there any point in my calling the hotel to ask for mercy and have my account credited back, or would I be wasting my time and effort? Do hotels, particularly Holiday Inns, ever make exceptions to their cancellation policies if you call them up and ask real nice?

The rooms were booked directly through the hotel's web site.

When I call, would I be better off calling the 800 customer service number, or calling the hotel directly?

Thanks in advance.

If they were not full, then you have a better chance of getting it refunded. If they sold out and you "cost" them revenue then your probably stuck.

I'd call the hotel direct and speak to the GM (only) and be honest. He is used to all the excuses (death in family, sickness, car broke down, etc) and might be surprised by your honesty.

If that fails then call 800-621-0555 and ask for their help (HI Guest Relations). In making your case to them, make sure to mention your other stays at Holiday Inn as "brand loyality" is their main goal and sometimes they will ask the hotel to issue "goodwill credit".

Good luck.

ps - what city????

Thanks for all your suggestions. You folks are the best.

I called the hotel and spoke to the manager a couple of hours ago. She took my name and number and the date of my reservation and said she would call me back. She said absolutely nothing else, gave no indication of whether she might be able to do anything to help me out.

If and when I get a call back, I'll post the outcome. Thanks again for your help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]