Priceline Hotel: *3-4 Hotel San Fran 8/29/06-8/31/06

lovefletch
By lovefletch,
in

Hi, I am looking for a 3-4 star hotel in San Fran (use, usw, fisherman's wharf- something centrally located) for 8/29-8/31. I haven't tried priceline yet, since I am new to it, any suggestions on bidding and stuff? I really appreciate any help. :)

Edited: Our budget is $80-90 a night, but we would like to do better, esp. since I read one post that said $45 for parking! Ahhh...is that typical?

Okay, I read through everything. I hope I am doing this right.

I will use savingsbarn.com (bookmarked it) if I go through Priceline, and if I do hotwire, I will use any links on here.

So, that said, I will revise my desire for san fran.

2* (but don't want econo lodge, as long as it is true two star)- 3* for the dates 8/29-8/31. 1 room NS, USE, USW, and the budget is under a $100 per night, with taxes, with parking. Is this possible at this price? Not trying to be too cheap, I would just rather spend the money on going out than on the hotel and parking.

If you want to use an opaque service (and reap the rewards of the deep discounts that are available) you need to be willing to accept a few of the 'unknowns'. Besides the unknown of the hotel received, this also includes:

-not guaranteeing a non-smoking (or smoking room)

-parking charges, if any

-willing to accept the star rating assigned by the service used

So while you certainly should be able to do better than $100/nite for this stay (although i haven't looked at your specific dates yet)... this is for the room only, we can't make any comments as to what the parking chages will be, we can't assure you that you'll get a non-smoking room, and although no 2* Econolodges have appeared yet in the zones you've mentioned, we can't assure you that you won't be the first to report such a property. This last aspect you can usually overcome by bidding for a higher star level than you really need/want, as the price for a higher star rating thru the opaque providers will often cost less than booking a lower star rating direct... but the other two aspects you have no control over and are at the mercy of the hotel as to availability when you check-in and/or alternate parking options in the area.

If you're flexible enough to accept the above conditions, then let us know your minimum star rating (i'd suggest higher than 2* as per my comments above) and your maximum bid before taxes, fees, and parking... we will then be in a position to suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thereuare, thanks so much for the help. The unknowns have proven to be too much (parking etc) for us this trip, so we are booking a room with some hilton honors points for the excursion. So, at this point, I guess I am not going to be bidding as expected. Plus, with priceline it is non-refundable, and since we are coming from far (as part of a road trip) it would terrible if we were a no show with no cancellation options.

I love this site and will be back, you guys are all very nice and hopefully I can be useful in helping others too!

Good luck all!

:)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]