Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Ontario (Riverside) Marriott Downtown

rdaalen
By rdaalen,
in

Howdy,

I've got my parents coming over from The Netherlands to watch over our then newborn for a few weeks and though we love them to death we are eternally grateful that they want to stay in a hotel and have some privacy. I'd love to have them as close by as possible, and am hoping that the 3.5* hotel for $42.- a night, that hotwire comes up with in the period 2/21/04 - 3/06/04 is the downtown marriott here in R'side. On hotwire it shows as one of the amenities a restaurant on the premises, which the Marriott has (and I doubt is an amenity many offer around here). However, I'm scared to death that they'll end up a few blocks down on University at the local Best Western/Courtyard where the roaches are checking into the hotels to get away from the scum on the streets! Anybody out there knows anything that can help me out!

THANKS

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Is this property still showing up for your dates? I did a search and couldn't see it presented, only a 2.5* hotel is shown. I found a 3.5* hotel on a search for a sub-set of your dates with Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, and Business... is that the one?

We have seen Courtyards rated both 3* and 3.5* depending upon the area, so that property is a possibility. I think i read that the Best Western offers free breakfast, and given that icon isn't presented makes that property less likely (although it's still possible that the breakfast icon is missing for one reason or another... sometimes we see amenities not listed that are actually offered).

What i would suggest is seeing if the hotel is presented for your first nite (or first 2-3 nites), and then if it's also presented for the remainder of your stay. Purchase the first nite(s) so that the hotel is revealed to you, then if you're satisfied with it, purchase the remaining nites.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Well,

I went ahead an reserved a first night, after having made sure the hotel showed up for the next 13 night. I ended up having to split the reservation into 3 periods (for some reason the hotel wouldn't show up for any other time period combinations. But I did get the Downtown Marriott (on Market St.), which is the one I had hoped for, for a price of 48 per night (including all fees & taxes). When we informed previously at the hotel for their best rate for a period of 2 weeks, the manager couldn't do better than $109 per night. Needless to say we're pretty pleased. THanks for your help. Rob

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]