Need help getting from Newark airport to Laguardia

ucfknight
By ucfknight,
in

Hi, thanks for such wonderful info on this site. I'm sure I'll be back often. My immediate concern is to make a transfer from Newark's airport to Laguardia using public transportation if possible for the cheapest price. I will be travelling on a Sunday, arriving around 3:30 at Newark with an 8:00 departure from Laguardia.

The more I read, the more confused I get! Do you have any suggestions? I don't mind making several connections if necessary. My wife and I will be together.

Bus to Penn (NJ), then PATH to Penn (NY)? Then I'm not so sure after that. Or even if that is best. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hmm...maybe I should have a plan and a backup depending on the mood of the day...divorce is expensive I hear :)

I think we'll be okay time-wise and might prefer being out and about to sitting at the airport.

How about the cheap way and a $15-20 pp way that's a little more convenient with maybe fewer transfers?

If that's too much to ask, I'm just thankful for any help you can give to point me in the right direction!

Cheap way:

NJ Transit bus to Newark Penn Station ~$2.55

PATH to Manhattan: $1.50

Subway+Bus (free transer with metrocard): $2.00

Feasible:

Shuttle from EWR to NY Port Authority: $14

Shuttel from NY Port Authority to LGA: $12

(and with this route you can, if timer permits, 'pause' in NYC and take in Times Square or something else, assuming your bags are managable)

There are a plethora of other combinations, but it all depends upon time, money, and convenience.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
Cheap way:

NJ Transit bus to Newark Penn Station ~$2.55

PATH to Manhattan: $1.50

Subway+Bus (free transer with metrocard): $2.00

Feasible:

Shuttle from EWR to NY Port Authority: $14

Shuttel from NY Port Authority to LGA: $12

(and with this route you can, if timer permits, 'pause' in NYC and take in Times Square or something else, assuming your bags are managable)

There are a plethora of other combinations, but it all depends upon time, money, and convenience.

I don't mean to bump a really old thread, however, I am interested in this for my upcoming flight in Nov. I arrive in La Guardia, have 3 hrs to transfer to Newark. Are the prices above still the correct prices? How long does it take? I also have to switch Newark to La Guardia on the way back in early January.

Thanks for your time!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

What time of day are you traveling? How much luggage do you have?

Three hours is certainly do-able, but it's also possible that you don't have as much cushion as you may think... multiple places along this route to hit traffic if going during rush hour... but could also be some wait time if taking multiple forms of mass transit.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]