Families/Partners Priceline suggestion.

grram1
By grram1,
in

Hello,

Just wanted to encourage those who travel with children or non-romantic partners to e-mail Priceline to encourage them to add the option to list children (and thus ensure a room with 2 beds). Hotwire did this a couple of years ago. I used to use Priceline approx. 80% of the time for my opaque bidding and then risk the room type. Now that Hotwire allows me to list the kids I only flirt with Priceline (even when I do try Priceline I quit bidding if I get within $15-$20 of the Hotwire offer due to this feature). If enough of us for whom this feature would help would express this to Priceline maybe we can get them to add this feature. This should help Priceline as well, I know they've lost a lot of my business due to lack of this feature.

I'm in no way suggesting that Priceline's current policies are unfair or unclear, just that they can be improved... both for the customer and for Priceline (they'd open themselves up to more business from families and partners who don't wish to share a bed). Additionally this would IN NO WAY compromise the anonymity of the participating hotels. Thanks for the help! :)

well, i will,,,, i took a chance and bid on a virginia hotel for july and for the first time I got a hotel that only has single queen rooms ... blaaahhhh ..... it sucks. I usually have been able to call and request a double room with no problem. Or I use hotwire. But in this case, the cheapost hotwire price I was getting was $80. So I tried to be cheap and gamble and lost .... :)

I really wish they would change this feature of priceline too.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]