Disputing Priceline with VISA

pugsimon
By pugsimon,
in

Hi, I recently had a horrible experience with Priceline. I bid on a 3 star hotel and got a motel instead that had horrible ratings. (I already posted my win in the hotel board) I wrote a letter to the executive management team at Priceline to see what they can do for me. But if they won't help me, I am thinking about disputing the charge with Visa. Has anyone done this before and won their case?

• 2 weeks later...

PS. I recently read about someone who got to the hotel, and there was no room waiting for them. (it was posted on this board). They only offered the couple $55 back for what they paid and a small credit for the next stay.

I'd be taking their behinds to court for breach of contract, plus expenses for wasting my time.

I was referring to not providing a hotel room. That is something which you can sue for. You can't ask a credit card company for damages (without insurance, that is).

You enter into a contract with Priceline that they will provide you with a hotel room at said location for this amount. You even pre-pay the amount in advance.

but the thing is priceline has surely had people who have threatened to sue them by now when they consider priceline breaks their terms of the contract.......probably would've been a big class-action lawsuit against them by now if it was really that big of a problem

it would be interesting to see if priceline has ever actually been sued before though

hello saving money

we are the couple without a room - priceline have now offered to pay the difference between the hotel i should have had with them ($50+) and the one we stayed in ($200+)

i will find out if the full refund has been made to my credit card when i receive my next statement

i had to really push because the customer services reps (phone and email) kept saying that a refund of $50+ was the best i could expect

i emailed the executive offices after advice on this site

it really does seem to pay to complain (if you have a case) :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]