Priceline Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Beverly Hills) Beverly Hilton

mehrag
By mehrag,
in

Hi!

I knew the Beverly Hills Hilton was sold out for Friday and Saturday (Oct 24th and 25th) through the Hilton web site so I used the strategy posted by others on the board to book only for the 26th and sure enough got it! I was very happy. I called the Hotel and asked why it was sold-out for the weekend, they said there is some kind of a Rodeo(?) going on.

That's OK but the problem now is this. I am bidding for a 4* in BH/Hollywood/W. Hollywood area and no bid is successful even for upto $85. The weekend BEFORE and AFTER the bids are successful even for $70 for a 4* and even $52 for a 3* (probably looks like the Hyatt 3*).

Any suggestions how to make that particular weekend accept a bid, or how much "premium" is it commanding over other weekends and why exactly?

Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I don't understand what zone(s) you are bidding. You state you are bidding on BH/Hollywood/W. Hollywood area but this actually encompasses two different Priceline zones: (Beverly Hills and Westwood) and (Hollywood and West Hollywood).

Are you selecting both zones? Is the hotel you won in this post the Beverly Hilton and is it in the (Beverly Hills and Westwood) zone?

I'll give you some ideas once i understand which zone(s) you're bidding for.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thereuare,

Thanks for your reply. You got everything exactly right.

- I got the Beverly Hilton at $82 for Oct 26th in the Beverly Hills/Westwood area.

- I am bidding in the same area for Oct 24th and 25th now.

- I have also added one more zone to my 4* bid which is Hollywood/West Hollywood. Note the only 4* hotel in this zone is Wyndham Belage.

- I checked for the prices on the hotel's web sites directly and it is not that expensive - from $140 to $180 so my $75 -$82 should be successful but they are not.

Thanks!

In reviewing some past posts it appears that the this Hyatt is quirky with releasing inventory... one user reported a failed bid 7 weeks before check-in and was accepted at the same bid 72 hours later.

I would book a cancellable back-up in the meantime and continue to bid this. Your bid may not be high enough for the Wyndham Bel Age as this hotel was reported as a 'win' on this board for $100 (with lower bids rejected); although a helpful user in another post stated that most bids at this property are in the $80-90 range.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]