Priceline Hotel: NYC weekend - Oct 20-22

YOWmike
By YOWmike,
in

Hi all - first time poster :)

Looking for help with a hotel in NYC from Oct 20-22. Pretty much anywhere in Manhattan (Midtown East/West, Rockefeller, MSG, etc), 4*+. Must have wifi. Nearby gluten-free places to eat is a plus! $175-200/nt.

Any help? Find it really confusing, given you have to choose a specific zone in NYC. I'm ok with express/hot deals, or name my own price.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

No need to feel overwhelmed as i'm very familiar with NYC.:smile:

If your $175-$200 budget based upon room rate only or is that all-in including taxes/fees?  If the latter, at current rates you most likely will have to consider something 'downtown' (ie- Wall St / World Trade Center) which is certainly do-able, but not as convenient for the typical visitor as staying in Manhattan.

Also, it's NYC so almost all restaurants will offer some gluten free items... if you do a little research prior to your trip you will even find restaurants that are entirely gluten free.

So get started what is most important to you for this trip... budget, location, star rating/quality, etc?

To give you two quick ideas/suggestions (as perhaps it will help you weigh the merits of each and help answer some of the Q's as to what is most important to you in regards to a hotel for this trip):

NOTE: confirm your dates on the landing page after clicking any links provided below...

4* Downtown - Wall Street for $145
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess here would be the Club Quarters Wall Street

4.5* Grand Central Terminal - UN for $216 (would be $205 using the board link and discount in my signature)
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> Even Hotel New York - Midtown East is my guess for this one... location is slightly a bit far east but a new hotel chain to come to NYC and has been getting great reviews

... or from HOTWIRE:

4* Rockefeller Center for $188.00
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Childrens Activities
==> from the Hotwire Hotel List matches previous reports for the W New York and that would be my best guess here

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed (or how it goes if you take either of the above) and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks @thereuare!

Hmm... we're coming in via train to Penn Station (from Newark airport). Nothing planned just yet, but likely a broadway show, walk the highline, SoHo shopping/eating, etc. A balance between price and convenience I guess? Cheap but I don't want to have to take cabs everywhere. Budget is around $225-250/nt including fees (trying to keep it under $600 Canadian for the weekend).

Same recommendations?

Start with the 3 hotel offers (and our guesses inline below each one)... your thoughts on any of these work for your needs?

If none seem acceptable, what do/don't you like about each? (as this will give us further information in order to help you find something that does work for your plans)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

1 hour ago, thereuare said:

4.5* Grand Central Terminal - UN for $216 (would be $205 using the board link and discount in my signature)
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> Even Hotel New York - Midtown East is my guess for this one... location is slightly a bit far east but a new hotel chain to come to NYC and has been getting great reviews

So are you going to bump the budget a little and go for this one?

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

You can't link to search results like that as it will only work on your own computer, and in the rare instance it does work for anyone else, it expires in 30 minutes.

Please search using our BiddingHelper.com tool and in the EASY VIEW tab click the GREEN 'Full Amenities' button next to this listing... then copy/paste the amenity set to your post.  Also please include the room rate per nite as it helps make it easier for us to locate the same hotel among the offers when we replicate your search.

Thanks.

Sorry. Here we go, I think it's the same.

4.5 stars - $207usd

Theater District - Midtown West

Amenities Include: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Fitness center, Business centerand more...

(65% recommended)

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

On HOTWIRE, seeing: 4.5* Theater-MTW $207 

Free Internet, Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

>>>Guess would be the Tryp Times Square South

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]