Priceline Hotel: 4.5* Chicago (Downtown - River North) The James Chicago

Tman9
By Tman9,
in

Hello, wife and I got a babysitter and would like to stay downtown for the night. Please help to ID the hotel, I believe it's the Westin?

4.5* Chicago Mag Mile - water tower (9/16-9/17)

$233

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Spa services, Children's activities, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

We are open to other options if anyone has suggestions. Would like to keep it under $250 and are open to anything in downtown Chicago including 4*. Just want a nice place for the price.

Will be using the appropriate fourm links when making the purchase.

Thanks, 

Tman9

Welcome to Betterbidding.

Are you still seeing the listing above? When searching for 9/16-17 on HOTWIRE, at the 4.5* level I'm seeing:

4.5* Water Tower $257 Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services, Children's activities

>>>A guess would be the Loews.

4.5* HOTWIRE Water Tower $256 Free Internet, Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Internet access, Children's activities ("Still Gathering Reviews" on the detail page for the listing.)

>>>Not certain, but the Viceroy would be a maybe in this case.

4,5* HOTWIRE Riverwalk North Loop $263 Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Spa services, Children's activities, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

>>>A Guess would be the Fairmont

On PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm that the correct date of travel is showing on the detail page after clicking the link  below.

4.5* Chicago Loop - Grant Park for $242
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Free Internet
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>Guess would be the Hyatt Centric the Loop

Would any of these possibilities be of interest? Thank you for keeping us updated and please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I'm sorry, this was on Hotwire easy view after using the bidding helper.

I am still seeing the listing in the OP for $233

I will check-out the other hotels you suggested and see how they look.

I will be sure to update when a final decision has been made.

Thank you

I'm not currently seeing the original 4.5* property either... if you're still seeing this one on your own HOTWIRE search, are you able to click on the offer (and then click the BOOK NOW button in order to get to the booking page that requests your credit card info) OR do you perhaps get a message that the offer is no longer available?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Are there any other offers that are currently showing that are of interest?

What about any of the ones that AaronJB listed.. he know the city very well and i'm sure curated the best options from what he saw.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I apologize for the change and this thread going on for several day, but I haven't had much time to look this week. I plan to book tonight. 

With all the taxes and fees, I think I need to keep the price lower than I originally stated. Right now I'm seeing:

River North 4.5*

$230

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Internet access, Spa services

Klimpton Hotel Palomar? although it says 4 out of 5 stars on trip advisor with 109+ reviews and Hotel palomar has 2,737 reviews.

River North 4*

$215

FULL AMENITIES: Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Hotel Chicago Downtown Autograph Collection or Hotel Felix?

I appreciate anyones input on hotel ID

Thanks again

Best guess/comments for each:

4.5* HOTWIRE River North for $230.00
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Indoor Pool
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
==> from the Hotwire Hotel List this matches previous reports for the Kimpton Hotel Palomar, but this HOTWIRE offer has a 4.0 TA rating whereas the Palomar's TA rating is 4.5, so it may be something different (sometimes HOTWIRE may have the wrong TA rating, but that's a bad assumption to make)

4* HOTWIRE River North for $215.00
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> Hotel Chicago Downtown, Autograph Collection is my guess here

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

I'll also agree with the Palomar with a wrong TA rating as a possibility. I could certainly be mistaken, but if I remember correctly it's been seen with the wrong TA information previously.

I'll also add on PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm that the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page)

4.5* Downtown - River North for $218
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
>>>Likely the James (and there is a $14.95 resort fee.)

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Thanks Everyone for helping. I went with AaronJB's suggestion of The James via Priceline. Looking forward to getting a nice steak delivered to the room from David Burke's Primehouse!

4.5* Downtown - River North for $218
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center

The James ($14.95 resort fee.)

I appreciate all the assistance and will be sure to return for my next trip.

Do I need to update the thread title or OP to reflect the final purchase?

Thanks again 

Congratulations on your success!

Nice to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and we're happy to have helped!

In the future you can edit the topic title to reflect your win use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the top right corner of the page... but it's no longer there since the button can only be used once and we just used it to edit the topic title to reflect your purchase.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay... and the steak!:smile:

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]