Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (Union Square East - Nob Hill) Villa Florence

Bonwah
By Bonwah,
in

I took a chance and got truly burned: the Villa Florence hotel in Union Square East. Deeply disappointed in this Priceline Express result; it's on Powell Street, just a block or so from the Cable Car turnaround. I know that area, and it's noisy and crowded with tourists. Just terrible. Not that I blame Better Bidding, but it was not one of the choices listed under Union Square East and 4 stars. I should have paid the extra $100 for the Financial District instead. Ugh! Really puts a damper on my trip.

Sorry to hear you received a hotel that you were not expecting.

To confirm, do you recall the amenities that PRICELINE EXPRESS associated with this property and showed prior to your purchase? (was it Restaurant and No Smoking Rooms ??)

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay... hope it goes better than you anticipate and doesn't spoil your plans.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm pretty sure the amenities were Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Business Center. Also "bed choice available" and yes, non-smoking rooms. It also did for sure have a 7+ guest rating on Priceline Express's system.

Just FYI, recent commentors on TripAdvisor say that there is no longer a restaurant after renovations (which are currently ongoing -- elevators not in service, etc.). 

I'm just so bummed about this result; it's kinda ruining my plans already. Priceline's Union Square East map has a little panhandle that snakes down Powell St, presumably to include this specific hotel. That's just a miserable noisy spot.

26 minutes ago, Bonwah said:

there is no longer a restaurant after renovations

If true, and the PRICELINE EXPRESS amenities showed a Restaurant amenity, this could be your 'out'... i'd give the hotel a call and confirm if a Restaurant is on-site or not; if not, give PRICELINE a call and ask for them to cancel/refund since the hotel does not offer a restaurant but the PRICELINE EXPRESS amenities indicated there would be one.

If you are able to cancel please use start a NEW TOPIC for help with a replacement stay (or to report a new win)... and if PRICELINE EXPRESS (or HOTWIRE) please note the amenities shown before your purchase and include them in your post.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]