Priceline Hotel: 4* New York (Grand Central Terminal - UN) Hotel Boutique at Grand Central

nonism
By nonism,
in

I need a place to stay in NYC on 24-27 September

Budget $170 + Wifi

Interested in Times Square, Rockefeller Center, Midtown West, Soho

Is Brooklyn Downtown ok?

My plan is to stay in Manhattan for 2 days and another day I want to explore Brooklyn and Queens. 

I've found this offer for Priceline Express. what is you guess?

4 STAR HOTEL ROCKEFELLER CENTER - BRYANT PARK $189

Free Internet Bed Choice Business Center Fitness Center Non Smoking Restaurant

BED CHOICE AVAILABLE

Queen Bed - Standard Room - Free Wifi $189/night

Queen Bed - Superior Room - Free Wifi, Kitchenette $257/night

Are there any better alternative. 

Thank you, 

Non

I also found these hotel. What is your guess?

3.5-Star Hotel $147

Brooklyn Downtown (Brooklyn)

Free Internet, Pets Allowed, Fitness Center 

Hotel Amenities

Bed Choice Available

Guest Rating 7+ 200 guest reviews

3-Star Hotel $144

Business Center 

Hotel Amenities Bed Choice Business Center Non Smoking

Guest Rating 8+ 100 guest reviews

4-Star Hotel $124 << This hotel interested me / I want to know if its close to subway station 

Free Internet, Swimming Pool 

Business Center Fitness Center Non Smoking

Thank you,

Non

Welcome to BetterBidding!

50 minutes ago, nonism said:

Is Brooklyn Downtown ok?

My plan is to stay in Manhattan for 2 days and another day I want to explore Brooklyn and Queens.

I'm assuming this is your first time in NYC?  If so, 3 days is not a lot of time to explore the city and i'm curious as to what you plan/expect to see/do in Brooklyn/Queens (each certainly has its merits, but with only 3 days i'm not so sure i would take the time outside of Manhattan unless there was something specific that you wanted to do)

You would need to save a significant amount to stay in Brooklyn vs. Manhattan (imo) and unfortunately if you can locate the 4 star $124/nite PRICELINE EXPRESS property you'll see that it is no longer available when clicked on... if you find otherwise let us know and we'll have another look.

My suggestion would be (confirm your dates on the landing page of any links provided below):

4* Grand Central Terminal - UN for $169
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

==> best guess would be the Hotel Boutique At Grand Central which gets good reviews, about a 15 minute walk to TImes Square, and close to Grand Central for easy subway access

4* Times Square - Theatre District for $176
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center
==> likely the Night Hotel Times Square which is not as nice as the one above but would be extremely centrally located

4* Rockefeller Center - Bryant Park for $182
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center
==> Club Quarters, Opposite Rockefeller Center would be my best guess here... reviews good but not as good as the Hotel Boutique At Grand Central, although this location would be a bit better

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts/comments (or how it goes if you take one of the above) and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

2 minutes ago, nonism said:

Here's the link to the 4-Star Hotel $124

and if you click this link do you see a message at the top of the page:

Please note: Pricing and inventory changes often and the deal you selected is no longer available. However, we still have the following deals below.

... or do you see details of this specific hotel and a form at the bottom of the page to book it?

With 2 days in Manhattan and only 1 day in Brooklyn/Queens i would still suggest staying in Manhattan given the Brooklyn hotels are lower star rated and not enough of a discount vs. the 4* properties highlighted above, but if you still would like to consider them, my best guess/comments for each would be (again, confirm your dates dates on the landing page of any provided links):

3.5* PRICELINE EXPRESS Brooklyn Downtown

Bed Choice

Free Internet

Business Center

Fitness Center

Non Smoking

Pets Allowed

Restaurant

==> Hotel Indigo Brooklyn is my best guess for this one

3* Brooklyn Downtown for $144
Business Center
==> my guess would be the Hotel Le Bleu

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The 4-Star Hotel $124 has disappeared

I've tried to book this hotel but fail. Do you know why?

4* Grand Central Terminal - UN for $169
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center

==> best guess would be the Hotel Boutique At Grand Central which gets good reviews, about a 15 minute walk to TImes Square, and close to Grand Central for easy subway access

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and that you're pleased with the results... i think this is a much better option than staying in Brooklyn.

You're also near my often recommended Ess-A-Bagel (Third Ave at 51st St) which has one of the best bagels in the city, makes for a nice, and relatively inexpensive, breakfast among local NYers.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]