Priceline Hotel: 3.5 * NY 8-15 September

Anita Strandsbjerg
By Anita Strandsbjerg,
in

Hi, this is my first time trying this tool - looking for a decent hotel Manhattan area - preferably round Times Square, dates 8-15 September. Should I start trying to bid now or wait a couple of days in the hope to get a good last minute deal?

Got a back up hotel at 250 USD per night, (ex tax and service fees), 4* downtown Manhattan. Would you say there is a chance to get a better deal than that?

Thank you for a great site!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I'm very familiar with NYC... what hotel is your Downtown back-up?

Do you have reason to stay in the downtown area or did you choose this location based upon price? (as it's typically not the most convenient for the average visitor)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi, thank you very much for quick response. The back up hotel booked is the hotel MADE, 44 West 29th Street. I think it looks convenient location on the map, but I dont know NY at all, so I may be wrong...

Anyway, any help in getting a better deal at a hotel located centrally for a first-time visitor (I am traveling with my 20-year-old daughter) is really appreciated. The MADE was chosen based on price, but also it looks decent and clean, although not many guest comments yet, as I understand it just opened recently. We are fine with 3 star and up - our first priorities are price, private bathroom and convenient location.

Many thanks - we keep on looking at priceline/hotwire and see if we get lucky:smile: We still have a few days with free cancellation, if no success, it is fine, but I think we should at least try this option.

Searching for 9/8-15:

On PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm that the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the links below.)

4* Empire State Building Area for $254
Business Center
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>Guess would be the St Giles the Court

4* Times Square - Theatre District for $232
Pets Allowed
Business Center
>>>Guess would be the Millennium Broadway or Doubletree Times Square West

3* Chelsea Area for $234
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Free Internet
Free Breakfast
Fitness Center
>>>Guess would be the Holiday Inn Express NYC Chelsea.

HOTWIRE:

4* Theater District-MTW $214

Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

>>>Guess would be the Yotel. 4.5/5 tripadvisor rating showing on the detail page.

Would any of these possibilities be of interest?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Hi again, once again thank you for your great support. I really love this site already:smile:

I also just saw on Hotwire this one:

4-star Hotel in Times Square South area USD 207 per night

Boutique hotel, Business center, Fitness center, Internet access, Restaurant(s), Smoke-free rooms, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility

What would be your guess as of which hotel this could be?

The HOTWIRE hotel above has a very low 50% recommendation from previous HOTWIRE guests... do you think this is something that would be acceptable for your needs this trip? (and for a full week??... not to mention the $33/nite resort fee which makes it more expensive than the other options above)

Have you looked at the guessed Yotel... what are your thoughts of that property?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

So what is the all-in number that you are trying to beat?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]