Priceline Hotel: 4* New York (Downtown - Wall Street) Club Quarters, World Trade Center

kcmover
By kcmover,
in

Been watching and trying to bid just this zone for Thursday 9/7/2017 checking out Sunday 9/10/2017.

Have tried several time over the last two weeks to get a better rate tha PRICELINE EXPRESS Deals.  Using your bidding concept of free zones I have not been close.

Trying for a 5 star went up to $160.00

Trying for 4 star went up to $140.00

using zones

17,18,19,24,30,29, 28 26 as free bid zones. 

Went then to 3 star up to $140.00

using  the same free bid zones. 

17,18,19,24,30,29, 28 26 as free bid zones

I have seen express deals for about $140.00 that are for the weekend before.  Do I just need to wait and bid the day before I want it. Seems that is when they drop their rates.

Wall Street on a weekend should be cheap but I know my stay begins on a Thursday so that might be why I can't hit the right rate. Any thoughts?

Staying in that zone due to son living there.

I used your click thru to bid.

Please start by following-up your previous New York City Priceline hotel thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip.  Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

On 8/22/2017 at 4:45 PM, kcmover said:

I have seen express deals for about $140.00 that are for the weekend before.

Rates are date specific, so you can't assume that rates are cheaper the weekend before simply because it is closer to check-in... there could be events taking place in the city during your dates but not the week before which would increase hotel demand (and prices) for your dates.  More specifically relative to the week before your trip, it's a Holiday Weekend which means fewer business travelers, so naturally rates should be cheaper than on any other 'normal demand' weekend.

With the above noted, nobody can say if rates will come down, or move even higher, between now and you trip, but t current prices i think you're more likely looking at $150-$165 to be successful for a 4* hotel in the Downtown zone... for a 5* you're not anywhere close.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide for this stay or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Tried the bidding Strategy again this AM.  no bites.  It must be too early.  I did compare this weeks Express deals and noticed how they dropped on Wed or Thursday for this weekend and will always keep that in mind if I can't get a good rate until that Wed before my trip.  I would rather have this resolved before then but it seems that rates really take a dive on Express deals the day of or day before you need it. 

I know that week can't really be to busy in NYC as there is a holiday 3 days earlier so business travel will be off that week.

I did also use the 5% code in my bids.

It's definitely not too early for 9/7-10; if anything, it's starting to be "last minute" for this period. Waiting until the very last minute can very easily result in seeing rates go even higher, especially if it's a traditionally busy period/something's going on in the city. Unfortunately, September-December in NYC is a busy/expensive period, with some periods being particularly pricey. What did you last bid up to?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Best I have seen today is a PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal in the Wall Street area for $153.00  Problem is the hotel is a 4. Star with a 70% rating by guests.   1100 verified guest reviews What site does the guest review?  How can I pin down the hotel.

There is a 4.5 Star now for  $176.00

4.5-Star Hotel

Downtown - Wall Street

9+ Guest Rating 600 verified guest reviews

Strange even with the 5% BetterBidding discount the fees for that area are about $44.00 per night.   How did the fees get so high on express deals?

When searching for 9/7-10, I'm not seeing a 4.5* on PRICELINE EXPRESS in the Downtown-WS zone. Is the 4* on HOTWIRE for $153 on PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE? I'm not seeing a 4* for $153 on PRICELINE EXPRESS or in the Wall Street zone on HOTWIRE when searching for these dates. Are you still seeing either listing?

• 3 weeks later...

**** Club Quarters hotel for $176.00 per night  Three nights   (September 7-10, 2017)

Eventually got the room in the Financial district area the winning bid was $176.00 per night + Fees of $43.00 per night.  So the total for 3 nights was $657.99   (September 7-10, 2017)

($219.00 per night). 

The winning bid was at the Club Quarters which is also part of the World Center Hotel.  Its a no frills hotel but was a great location.  Clean but very small room.   I did find watching express deals that I would have been able to perhaps gotten the deal cheaper had I waited until that day and either bid on PRICELINE or taken the express deal.  The rates dropped big time the night before my trip. 

One lesson that I have learned is that you have to pay attention to the fees being charged by services like Priceline or Hotwire. 

If you get the Club Quarters / World Center Hotel it has a great 20th Floor Bar / Restaurant that overlooks the WTC memorial site.   Make sure you go up there and take a few pictures. 

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]