Priceline Hotel: 3* Hampton Roads (Chesapeake - Greenbrier Area) Hyatt Place Chesapeake Greenbrier

retep
By retep,
in

Hi,

Can anyone say with high probability what a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal 3* in Chesapeake - Greenbrier Area will be?

Hope it's not Comfort Suites or HIlton Garden Inn.  Risk you take when at 3* but one I don't want to take.

Looking at 8/24-27.  Price is 101 + fees.  Was hoping for 4* in Norfolk or VB/Pembroke but all near $200 and not going to take my $100 or so.

Welcome back.

It would be appreciated if you concluded your previous New Years Eve Priceline hotel thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip.  Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Also, if you have made any other PRICELINE / HOTWIRE purchases in the 6+ years since that thread, please begin to share your wins with the board so that others can benefit from the information, just as you are hoping to gain insight by those who have posted before you.

Lastly, when requesting help please also include the amenities that are associated with the property, as this helps ensure that we are looking at researching the same property that you're seeing.  I assume this is the PRICELINE EXPRESS property you're referring to (confirm your dates on the landing page of any links provided below):

3* Chesapeake - Greenbrier Area for $100
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Airport Shuttle
Free Internet
Free Breakfast
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> if this is what you're seeing best guess for this one would be the Hyatt Place Chesapeake Greenbrier

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

<link removed>

Above is the link.

Free Internet  Free Breakfast  Airport Shuttle Business Center Fitness Center 

Non Smoking Pets Allowed Restaurant Swimming Pool

Listed Amenities above.

What about the rating - say's it's 9+ - can you compare to ratings of others to get a sense?

8/24-27/17 are my dates.

Thanks

54 minutes ago, thereuare said:

It would be appreciated if you concluded your previous New Years Eve Priceline hotel thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip.

2x

36 minutes ago, retep said:

can you compare to ratings of others to get a sense?

Do you see any inconsistency with our guess of the Hyatt Place and the description provided by PRICELINE EXPRESS in the link we posted above?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I forget what happened 6 years ago so sorry don't have any info to provide for the thread.

Sorry, didn't see in previous post that you said Hyatt Place.  Can you say for sure it wouldn't be Comfort Suite or Hilton Garden?  Curious, how you assess what hotel it is? I'd be fine with HP.  Odd how HP not showing up for regular booking on PL when searching in the Ches/Greenbrier area.  On Hyatt site it's 119/nt so 20% off as it says in listing.

Would you take the PRICELINE EXPRESS deal at 100 or try bidding 3* in the Ches/Greenbrier area to get lower price?  Or would I run risk of getting property I don't want?

Curious, what your take is on this...Ideally wanted Norfolk or Portsmouth 3.5* which is likely Renaissance, Marriott and Sheraton or 4* in VA Beach/Pembroke.  Rack is close to or above 200, tried 1 bid already (108 last attempt) but don't want to go more than 100 ideally (fees are 25% or so so plus that) but not seeing 50% off on bids these days from PL.  Ran into this same problem in Philly recently.  I know there's many variables but the deals don't seem to be there anymore. it's like 20% off on Express (Express deals fees are gross and sometimes make it a non deal) or Bidding.

Thanks for your help!

1 hour ago, retep said:

I forget what happened 6 years ago so sorry don't have any info to provide for the thread.

You could check your PRICELINE / HOTWIRE history to see if you did anything for those dates.  Please remember to follow-up your threads with your results/decisions as you receive them so that the information can best help others in a timely manner.

1 hour ago, retep said:

Can you say for sure it wouldn't be Comfort Suite or Hilton Garden?

We can't see the hotel names either :wink: but Hilton Garden Inn does not offer a Free Breakfast (at least i have not seen one that does) and the Comfort Suites Chesapeake does not allow pets.... both are listed as amenities for the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer so should exclude these from the possibility.

1 hour ago, retep said:

Would you take the PRICELINE EXPRESS deal at 100 or try bidding 3* in the Ches/Greenbrier area to get lower price?

I would not bid on PRICELINE if there were hotels at the star rating (or higher) in the zone that i did not want (and you can get an extra 5% off of the PRICELINE EXPRESS deal using the link and code in my signature)

1 hour ago, retep said:

Curious, what your take is on this...Ideally wanted Norfolk or Portsmouth 3.5* which is likely Renaissance, Marriott and Sheraton or 4* in VA Beach/Pembroke.  Rack is close to or above 200, tried 1 bid already (108 last attempt) but don't want to go more than 100 ideally (fees are 25% or so so plus that) but not seeing 50% off on bids these days from PL.  Ran into this same problem in Philly recently.

Sounds like you do a lot of research and utilize PRICELINE / HOTWIRE often, as previously mentioned, it would be appreciated if you started to share your wins... it's part of the community and spirit of the board.:smile:

Let us know whatever you decide and how it goes.

Deals can certainly still be had:

This recent Priceline Express win for $113/nite with a current retail price of $236/nite

Another Priceline hotel won at $147/nite with a current retail price of $276/nite

Our BiddingHelper.com tool, in both the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and the PRICELINE EXPRESS tab has a "Is This A Good Price" button that will show you retail rates for hotels of the same star rating in the area for your dates, so you can easily decide if you're getting a good deal or not (vs. similarly rated hotels in the zone)

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Was the Hyatt Place at 101nt/  366 total w/fees.  3* Chesapeake Greenbrier 8/24-27/2017.

Marginal deal, most I'd pay for this type property and location but happy w/it.  Wife had a 15% off from PL so wanted to use it - sorry - but very appreciative of your effort.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see it was the hotel guessed and we're happy to have helped you save some money for this stay.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property to the Priceline Express Hotel List.

It would be appreciated if you used the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]