Hotwire Hotel: ID help - 4 star NYC Madison Gardens area

geenance
By geenance,
in

ID help - 4 star NYC Madison Gardens area

Travel dates Aug 27 - 31.

$159/night

Free Wifi

Boutique hotel  Business center Fitness center Pet friendly  Restaurant(s)

95% recommmended on TripAdvisor.

Is it likely the EVEN Hotel Times Square? If so it sounds like a good deal to me.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool. (always use this method for your searches/purchases to ensure you're seeing the complete amenity set and for an easy comparison of PRICELINE vs. HOTWIRE, as well as to use our new IS THIS A GOOD PRICE feature).

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above? Using this method, below is the full list of amenities i'm seeing for the 4 star hotel in this zone when searching for your dates:

4* HOTWIRE Madison Square Garden for $158.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==> if this is what you're seeing i'd agree with the EVEN Hotel Times Square South being the best guess for this one

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for those tips (I haven't used BetterBidding in a number of years and wasn't familiar with (or didn't remember!) these great tools and how best to use the site.

Here is the full list of amenities:

Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

Looks like they line up to me.

I'm going to keep that one in mind as it looks quite promising.

Here's are two other properties I was wondering about:

3.5* Hotwire - Times Square South for $136  -  recommended by 90%

Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

(Could this be Four Points Sheraton?)

and

3* Hotwire  - Theatre District Midtown West for $110  - recommended by 95%

Free breakfast, Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

(I'm guessing that this last one might be Fairfield Inn and Suites? That looks like a very reasonably priced property with good reviews...but perhaps a bit more northwest than we wanted to be.)

2 hours ago, geenance said:

I'm going to keep that one in mind as it looks quite promising.

Keep in mind that while you continue to look for something better this one can disappear entirely from the search results (or go up in price to no longer make it a worthwhile candidate)

Are your plans firm and are you ready to commit to this trip at this point in time?  If so, i'm very familiar with NYC so if you let us know exactly what you're looking for in terms of a hotel we can help suggest the best options for your dates... but if you're interested in the guessed EVEN Hotel Times Square South (which has a great 5.0/5.0 TA rating and is the #12th ranked hotel in NYC) there really is no comparison to a Four Points or a Fairfield Inn (or any other 3* or 3.5* rated property), so i'm not really sure what it is that you are looking for.

So if not the guessed EVEN Hotel Times Square South, what is 'lacking' in this property that is making you look further?  What is it that you are needing from a hotel and what is your maximum budget (per nite before fees/taxes)?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I was ready to hit the EVEN button but thought I'd look for something a bit cheaper.  I've stopped looking now. We're going with a retail rate at the Holiday Inn Express.  All-in it's cheaper (but not as nice), includes breakfast, and the location is as good as EVEN. It gets great reviews for the level of hotel. The reviews are important to me. We don't need lots of "facilities" as we don't plan on using them.

Thanks for your help on this! This is a great site. I will definitely be back.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]