Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* New York City (Times Square South) Hyatt Centric Times Square New York

elader
By elader,
in

Taking my 19 year old daughter to NY 8/20 - 8/22 (may extend one day at front or end). We have a concert at MSG, and a brunch on upper East Side, but I'd also like to spend some time with her down around the West Village and Meatpacking areas, and maybe we'll fit in a play. In the past, we have stayed in the Times Square area, but I was recently there and what a madhouse it was! I stayed at The Roxy in Soho and loved the hotel, but don't know how convenient it would be to get to all these other places. So I'd love some input on which area might work best and still have the type of "mojo" a cool 19 year old would enjoy, but I would also love some help IDing these hotels that I got from the Bidding Helper:

From Hotwire Easy View:

Soho/Tribeca

4.5*

Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Internet access, Wheelchair accessible

90% recommended

$142/night

Times Square South

4.5*

Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

95% recommended

$196/night

Soho/Tribeca

5*

Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Internet access

90% recommended

$217

Meatpacking

3.5*

Free breakfast, Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Internet access, Spa services

100% recommended

One other question - on Priceline Express, would Times Square South be part of Theatre District or Midtown West - Hell's Kitchen? Thanks for your help!!

Please start by following-up your previous New York City Hotwire hotel thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip.  Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

Also, if you have had any PRICELINE / HOTWIRE purchases in the 7+ years since joining the board, it would be appreciated if you started to share your wins so that others can benefit from the information, just as you are hoping to gain insight from those who have posted before you.

Fort his NYC trip, when will your dates be confirmed and what is the deciding factor as to whether or not you will be adding a nite to the beginning and/or end of the trip? (is it determined upon price, hotels offered for your dates, other factors such as getting time off from work, etc)  What is your maximum budget (per nite before fees/taxes)?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Okay, sorry. I just left follow-up on NY trip from several years ago. I did go through BB and get the Andaz Amsterdam for a recent trip, so I will put that in as well. 

As for my dates, we should be able to finalize today, but for the moment I am basing it on 8/20-8/22. Thanks again!

2 hours ago, elader said:

I did go through BB and get the Andaz Amsterdam for a recent trip

Yes, please share your wins!

2 hours ago, elader said:

we should be able to finalize today

Please first confirm your dates as the hotels currently available for 8/20-8/22 may not be the ones that are offered once your plans are firm or if you change your dates.

... and once your dates are set please also let us know your maximum budget (per nite before fees/taxes).

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Here are some suggestions based upon your stated needs (confirm your dates on the landing page of any provided links):

4.5* Grand Central Terminal - UN for $132
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> Even Hotel New York - Midtown East would be my best guess here... easy access to Upper East Side and the Village via the 4-5-6 train that you can get a few blocks away at Grand Central

4* Madison Square Garden - Convention Area for $148
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> Even Hotel New York Times Square South (another extremely well reviewed property... #12 in NYC)... easy walk to MSG for your concert and the A-C-E lines at Penn Station will get you to W. 4th Street to the Village

4.5* Times Square - Theatre District for $155
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> THE TIME NEW YORK

4.5* HOTWIRE Times Square North for $129.00
Complimentary Breakfast
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
==> likely the Sanctuary Hotel which gets great reviews, although i was inside recently and it had a very weird vibe, imo

4.5* HOTWIRE Lower East Side - East Village for $164.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
==> Hotel 50 Bowery NYC... on the fringe of Chinatown and Little Italy, so not the most centrally located, but via nearby subway stations you should be able to get to the places you mention fairly easily (MSG, UES, Village)

I assume one of the above will work for your needs (as they are some of the top reviewed hotels in the city and all well within your budget)

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

4.5* HOTWIRE SoHo - Tribeca for $141.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
Wheelchair Accessible
==>  Nomo Soho has been seen with this amenity set previously, so that would be my guess.

5* HOTWIRE SoHo - Tribeca for $229.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
==>  11 Howard would be my guess.

4.5* HOTWIRE Times Square South for $178.00
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Blind Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==>  Westin TS has been seen with this amenity set previously, so that would be my guess.

3.5* HOTWIRE Meatpacking - Greenwich Village for $214.00
Complimentary Breakfast
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
==>  Guess would be the Washington Square Hotel

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

For this one:

4.5* HOTWIRE Times Square South for $119.00
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
==> from the Hotwire Hotel List this does match previous reports for the Hyatt Centric Times Square New York and would be a great deal for this property

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received a great deal at this property which is very upscale without being pretentious, imo.

As your daughter is underage you probably won't be able to stick around, but you should at least take a trip up to Bar54 on the 54th Floor and step outside... it's everything an outdoor rooftop bar should be; incredible views.  I was told that those under 21 can't sit but they can come up to take a look around, not sure if this would be enforced if they are slow and/or if your daughter ordered a soft drink (but if you do stay be forewarned that wines start at $15/glass and cocktails at $25... but dang it's nice and relaxing up there!!)

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]