Priceline Hotel: 4* Orlando (Universal Orlando Resort Area) Doubletree Hotel at The Entrance To Universal

prieto
By prieto,
in

I am looking for a 4* Hotel Universal Orlando Resort Area for 9/12-9/16. Based on the Priceline Hotel Lists on this site the following hotels are offered:

• Universal Loews Portofino Bay
  • Doubletree Hotel At The Entrance To Universal
  • Express Deals: Universal Loews Portofino Bay

I understand the Name Your Own Price and Express Deals you can't pick or know which hotel you're getting before you pay, but I would like to increase my odds of not staying at the double tree.

1. Since Universal Loews Portofino Bay is only listed on the express deals section on this site, does that mean I most likely get Universal Loews Portofino Bay using express deals?
  2. Will I have a higher chance of getting Universal Loews Portofino than the Double Tree if I get an Express Deal?
  3. I assume Name Your Own Price is a better deal as you can always bid lower than the express deal price, correct?
  4. If I bid higher on Name Your Own Price, would that increase my odds of not getting the Double Tree? (I read mixed things on the forums)
  5. The express deal lists these amenities, does that indicate which hotel I'll likely get?

Business Center

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

Thanks in advance for your help, and will certainly used your link when I'm ready to book

Welcome to Betterbidding.

As noted at the top of the lists, they only include the hotels reported to the board and are not complete. New hotels are reported often, as well as other changes (star rating, etc.) 

I'm seeing on PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the link below.)

4* Universal Orlando Resort Area for $68
Business Center
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>Guess would be the Doubletree.

Trying to bid more on PRICELINE will likely result in overbidding for the hotel you would have gotten for less. You can bid higher than the retail price for the Doubletree and still possibly get the Doubletree. There is no way to avoid/increase the odds of a particular hotel.

On HOTWIRE, I'm seeing:

4* HOTWIRE Universal Orlando Resort for $138.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Childrens Activities
==>  A guess would be the Loews Sapphire Falls.

Thank you for keeping us updated on what you decide and please let us know if you have any questions before booking.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

To further answer your questions above:

Since Universal Loews Portofino Bay is only listed on the express deals section on this site, does that mean I most likely get Universal Loews Portofino Bay using express deals?

No, as noted in the previous reply (and noted at the top of the Priceline Express Hotel List) the lists only contain hotels reported to the board (and further emphasized that this isn't the case given our guess for the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer is the Doubletree)

Will I have a higher chance of getting Universal Loews Portofino than the Double Tree if I get an Express Deal?

No, as noted above, the best guess for the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer you listed is the Doubletree.

I assume Name Your Own Price is a better deal as you can always bid lower than the express deal price, correct?

You can always try bidding lower than the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer, but that doesn't mean you will always be successful doing so.  We do see instances where a user will be denied on their PRICELINE bid even when bidding up to the PRICELINE EXPRESS price... so they end up just taking the Express deal. (and with the exclusive extra 5% OFF of PRICELINE EXPRESS deals offered from the board there are more instances where bidding up to the same price is not accepted)

If I bid higher on Name Your Own Price, would that increase my odds of not getting the Double Tree? (I read mixed things on the forums)

If you bid on PRICELINE you have to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you bid... so there would be no way to avoid the Doubletree thru PRICELINE's Name Your Own Price.

I do think you can successful avoid the Doubletree with the following HOTWIRE offer:

4* Universal Orlando Resort for $138.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Childrens Activities
==> for which i agree the best guess would be the Universal's Loews Sapphire Falls Resort 

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide for this stay or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 5 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]