Priceline Hotel: Chicago, Downtown-River North

blacklab78739
By blacklab78739,
in

Hello, 

I am trying to find a room in Chicago from 9/11-9/15,  I am restricted to a max of 212 per day and taxes, do you have any particular recommendations for me? I am not sure why a 3 star costs more than a 4 star, could you offer any insight? I have never been to Chicago, and I am completely unfamiliar with Priceline and Hotwire, this will be the first time I will use it. The event I am attending had reserved a block of rooms  ( F airfield Inn in River North) but it was sold out and so the only way i can attend is if I find a room on my own at the same rate.  The event I need to attend is very near River North, at the corner of LaSalle and Lake. Is the Magnificent Mile too far for me? I will have no car. I could probably go up a couple of dollars on the rate but not very much, maybe up to 219. I would need to be able to get to my seminal location on LaSalle in less than 10 minutes without car. I found one place on Priceline for 219, it is listed as a four star,  lists these: business center, restaurant, free internet,fitness center, no smoking rooms/facilities. But it is less expensive than what comes up with 3.5 stars.. 

Hotwire has one for 191, also 4 stars.. listing  boutique hotel, business center, restaurant, free internet,fitness center, no smoking rooms, golf nearby and self service laundry.  Would the presence of self serving laundry indicate that this is a hostel or an extended stay type of place? 

Also, what is the difference between views Priceline and Priceline Express? Nothing comes up under Priceline, only when I look under Priceline Expresss.

Thank you for any pointers or help

Black 

Please help me ID if you can these hotels in Chicago, Downtown River North. I revised the message maybe it is better organized like this. 

Looking to stay from 9/11 to 9/15

Thank you!! 

bl

Priceline:

4* $219

business center

restaurant,

free internet

fitness center

no smoking rooms/facilities

3* $195

Business Center

Free Internet

Free Breakfast

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

Hotwire:

4* $191

Free Internet

Boutique hotel

Smoke-free rooms

Fitness center

Restaurant(s)

Business center

Self-service laundry

Golf nearby

Welcome to Betterbidding. :biggrin:

Hotels price independently of each other and a 3* being more expensive than a 4* is not uncommon. Lasalle and Lake is near the river in the Loop, so the River North area would not be a bad walk at all from this location. PRICELINE offers three different services - regular rate, Name Your Own Price (bidding) and PRICELINE EXPRESS (which offers a set of listings with amenities and other information where you are not told the name of the hotel until after purchase and at that point the reservation is non-refundable.)

Some of what I'm seeing that would fit (if you go to BiddingHelper.com, search for your dates, click "Hotwire Easy View", then the "Full Amenities" button next to the listing you can see the complete list.)

HOTWIRE:

4.5* HOTWIRE Riverwalk - North Loop for $215.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
==>  A possible guess here would be the Londonhouse, which would be in a fantastic location by the river. Pretty easy walk West on Wacker then over to where you need to be.

4* HOTWIRE River North for $191.00
Free Internet
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==>  Possible Hotel Felix. From here one block West to Lasalle, then straightforward walk South on LaSalle or super easy taxi ride.

PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm that the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the link below.)

3* Downtown - River North for $195
Business Center
Free Internet
Free Breakfast
Fitness Center
>>>Holiday Inn Express Cass would be my guess. 

4* Downtown - River North for $219
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
>>>Hotel Felix would be my guess.

Thank you for keeping us updated and please let us know if you have any questions before booking.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]