Priceline Hotel: Hong Kong 11/17-11/23

Heide Szeto
By Heide Szeto,
in

Hello,

I am traveling to Hong Kong November 17-23 and will need of 2 rooms.  Does the bidding work for two rooms or would I have to do two separate bids?

I would like to shoot for a 4 star hotel in the Yau Ma Tei - Jordan area and see that there are 4 hotels available with a median price of $150.  From the looks of it, there is only ONE re-bid zone (Hong Kong Island South with 3 star's being the highest). We are willing to spend up to $90 a night per room (including taxes) and ultimately.  How should I approach this?

You can bid for 2 rooms at the same time (which will also ensure that the two rooms are at the same hotel... if you were to bid each room separately you could win two different properties).

I'm doubtful that $90 all-in is going to be enough for these dates, at current prices i think it will require closer to $100 plus fees/taxes.  We will suggest a bidding strategy for whatever amount you'd like, but so we know precisely how high we should go with a bidding strategy, please let us know your maximum bid amount (before fees/taxes) and we will advise accordingly.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Using your ONE re-bid zone i would try as follows:

Select 4* Yau Ma Tei - Jordan
Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $80, if rejected close browser and in 2+ hours use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $90, if rejected close browser and in 2+ hours use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $100

If the above is rejected you may want to consider this one (assuming still available... confirm your dates on the landing page of the links below):

4* Yau Ma Tei - Jordan for $122 $116 when using the BB promo code in my signature

Restaurant
Airport Shuttle
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> although a little more than you're hoping to spend, this PRICELINE EXPRESS offer is showing an excellent 9+ user review rating so it may be worth stretching your budget a few dollars to ensure that you're at a very highly rated property.... my guess for this one would be the Hotel Stage

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck!  Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you!

I am going to give this a whirl this weekend.  Although tonight I checked the PRICELINE EXPRESS deals and it's currently showing $118 a night :)

Hoping it stays that way just in case the bidding doesn't workout.

Also, is it safe to assume that the hotel I'll most likely get with the PRICELINE EXPRESS Deals is Hotel Stage since it's the only 1 of 4 hotels that have a 9+ rating?

On 8/18/2017 at 10:53 AM, thereuare said:

.... my guess for this one would be the Hotel Stage

This is based upon our research.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]