Priceline Hotel: 4* New York (Lower East Side - Chinatown) Nobleden Hotel

Experimentee
By Experimentee,
in

I have 13 nights in NYC from 13 Oct to 26 Oct. 

Would ideally like 4 star or above and spending no more than $200 per night incl taxes. Preferred zones Midtown or surrounding areas. 

Is is this realistic and would I be increasing the chance of getting a better deal by splitting the stay, eg 7 nights somewhere and 6 nights in a different location? 

For your complete stay the closest i think you will likely get to your budget would be the following offer from HOTWIRE:

4* Lower East Side - East Village for $173.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==> my guess would be the Holiday Inn NYC - Lower East Side, which isn't exactly in the center of things, but the Lower East Side is an up-and-coming neighborhood with a lot of new bars, restaurants, cafes, and boutiques opening up, and there is a subway station nearby that will have you in midtown in about 10 minutes

Otherwise i think you're looking about about $200/nite plus fees/taxes to stay at a 4* closer to midtown for your complete trip.  SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID may help a little but more likely (based upon my initial research) will still cost about $200/nite + fees/taxes but will give you a few additional 4* hotels to choose from.  You'll see a benefit to splitting your stay if you can isolate the weekend nites (Friday - Monday) but then you're looking at 3-4 hotels and not just two.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Some options along with my best guess for each (confirm your dates on the landing page of any links provided below):

4* Times Square - Theatre District for $205 (code in my signature knocks another 5% off)
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> Night Hotel Times Square

or from HOTWIRE:

4.5* Theater District - Midtown West for $210.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==> Tryp By Wyndham Times Square South

Either of the above work for your needs?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

15 hours ago, Experimentee said:

I would like to stay somewhere central.

Where do you think most of your plans will be located, as you may find that the original 4* Lower East Side property mentioned HERE may be convenient enough for your plans, as it does have good subway access, imo; but it's your stay and you know your needs better than we do so here are some lower star rated properties with my best guess for each (always confirm your dates on the landing page of any provided links):

3.5* Empire State Building Area for $174
Pets Allowed
==> NH Jolly Hotel Madison Towers

3.5* Times Square - Theatre District for $181
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
==> The Gallivant Times Square

... but will add that neither of the hotels above excite me much.

Let us know what you decide or how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Re location, as well as the usual tourist spots I will be going to the theatre and going to many restaurants, most of which seem to be situated around the midtown/Central Park area. I would also like to be near shopping. So it seems that midtown/times square/central park area will be convenient for me and will save many subway trips, but I've never been to NYC so I'm open to suggestion. I have a backup refundable booking at the Shoreham while I search for a better deal. As you would not recommend either of those 3.5* properties I will look at the 4* in your previous post which I assume you would recommend more highly.

4 hours ago, Experimentee said:

I have a backup refundable booking at the Shoreham while I search for a better deal.

How much is your back-up reservation? (and always try to let us know this type of information in the beginning as it helps save time when trying identify your best options for your stay)

Also note that we also have a sister site RefundableRates.com which can help you find the best deal while taking into consideration price, location, and star rating.  The map interface makes it easy to see and compare how much more / less it would cost to stay in your ideal location vs. going up/down in star rating or staying closer/further from your perfect location.

The Shoreham would be similarly reviewed as the other two 3.5* hotels above... i would hope you could do better, but i don't see anything at the moment.

Please *bump* this thread (just add a reply as it will put it back in the queue to be reviewed) in 5 days and we'll take another look to see if anything worthwhile has come up.

For this offer (confirm your dates on the landing page):

4* Rockefeller Center - Bryant Park for $192
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center
==> unfortunately i don't have any insight into this one

... but please do continue to monitor the offers as hopefully something will come up in the next few days/weeks

I have researched the various areas a bit more and am willing to expand my zones as follows: 

Times Square - Theatre District 

Midtown East

Rockefeller Centre Bryant Park

Madison Square Garden

Midtown West Hells Kitchen

Central Park South

Empire State Building Area

Chelsea area

Soho TriBeCa 

West Village Meatpacking (is this the area called 'Greenwich Village' in many other guides?

Union Square East Village 

This should give us more to work with 

On 8/26/2017 at 10:18 AM, Experimentee said:

This should give us more to work with

I have been checking all of the zones above on my previous searches and there still is not much in the $200 or under range (on HOTWIRE i also excluded anything that was less than 70% recommended by previous guests)

If you search using our BiddingHelper.com and in the PRICELINE EXPRESS tab filter by 3.5* and higher (left side of the page) and then sort by PRICE ('Price' link above the search results) do you see anything that is of interest that was not already previously referenced above?  What if you repeat with the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab?

On 8/26/2017 at 10:18 AM, Experimentee said:

West Village Meatpacking (is this the area called 'Greenwich Village' in many other guides?

This zone includes Greenwich Village but also includes the 'Meatpacking' area which is a 'hip' and lively area just south of Chelsea (and to the west of Greenwich Village)

Let us know if you see anything new/different or how else we can be of further help.

PRICELINE EXPRESS is a different side of the service than NYOP. What is showing on PRICELINE EXPRESS is definitely not necessarily what you may get if you win on NYOP.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

I'm seeing on PRICELINE EXPRESS for 10/19-26 (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the links below.)

4* Lower East Side - Chinatown for $242
Business Center
>>>A guess would be the NobleDen

If the NobleDen this is a newer property and certainly gets great reviews.

Please keep us updated on what you decide.

What about these from Hotwire for 13-19 October? 

4* Rockefeller Centre $232

85% recommended 

Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom

4* Midtown East $199

85% recommended 

Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access

Congrats on your success.

Very nice win for what looks to be a terrific, newer hotel. Glad you are satisfied with the result and are looking forward to your stay.

Thank you for using the site's PRICELINE link to start your purchases and searches, as well as for letting us know about this new PRICELINE EXPRESS property so that we can update the site's Priceline Hotel List.

Please start a new thread for the additional nights and we would be happy to help for the other half of the trip.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]