Priceline Hotel: Help identifying 2* Hotel in Downtown Toronto North - Yorkville

Lucashs
By Lucashs,
in

Please help me identify the below. Also, let me know your opinion if this is an ok hotel for the price and if you consider this a good choice.

Thanks in advance!

2*

-Toronto - Downtown Toronto North - Yorkville

- 09/27 to 09/30

- 93/night

- Ammenities

Free Internet

Free Breakfast

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

I'm seeing on PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the link below.)

2* Downtown Toronto North - Yorkville for $93
Free Internet
Free Breakfast
Fitness Center
>>>Guess would be the Howard Johnson Yorkville. Reviews aren't great, although this is less expensive than other hotels in downtown zones.

For moderately more:

4* Downtown Toronto Southwest - Entertainment & Financial Districts for $137
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
>>>The Renaissance would be my guess in this case.

While a little over $40 more, the Renaissance would be a lot more hotel for the money.

Would either of these options be of interest?

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if you have any questions at all before booking.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks for the prompt response, fantastic!

The exchange rates are not favorable to me now, so I need to find something around 100/day.

Are there other options you would suggest? I dont mind staying on a different location, as long as I can have quick access to public transportation and is within an acceptable distance from the main locations in the city (perhaps a 15 minutes commute?).

Regards,

Lucas

At $100 or less i think the only 'Downtown' options are the one above and this one:

2* HOTWIRE Downtown Toronto East for $91.00
Complimentary Breakfast
Free Internet
Hi-Speed Internet
... this may be the Neill-Wycik Backpackers Hotel but i'm not really certain

Using MAPS and HOTELS.com and then filtering the results using the Price Slider (look on the left side of the page on top of the list of hotels) to only show hotels that are priced at $100 or less you can see all options within your budget in the area as well as see on the map what is near a train/metro station. (don't forget to check both the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE tabs as each may have a few properties that are not offered by the other)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

I've looked for an alternative:

3-1/2* Toronto North - North York & South Vaughan

Sep/27 - Oct/4

Amenities:

Free Parking

Business Center

Restaurant

Free Internet

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

Price - 97/day

Can you help me to find out what hotel is that? Is this location handy? Close and easy public transport access to downtown?

Thanks!

Confirm your dates on the landing page of the provided link below:

3.5* Toronto North - North York & South Vaughan for $97
Free Parking
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
==> best guess would be the Best Western Plus Toronto North York Hotel and Suites

If taking mass transit it looks like it will require at least one transfer and will take about an hour to 'downtown' Toronto.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm still seeing a 4* on PRICELINE EXPRESS, although it's now $164. 

4* Downtown Toronto Southwest - Entertainment & Financial Districts for $164 (and then the promotion in my signature takes 5% off.)
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center

>>>A guess would be the Renaissance. While more expensive, you have to consider whether it's worthwhile to not have to deal with the commute and be in a more central location.

Would this option be of any interest, or are you more interested in staying in an outlying area and commuting?

Hi Aaron, appreciate the tip.

I'm still aiming for something below 100/day.

I understand this limits a lot, specially because I would like to have a 30 minutes commute by train (tops) to downtown...

I've found another alternative.

Check in date sep/27

Check out date oct/04

3* - North York

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free breakfast, Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Business center, Internet access, Spa services

Thoughts?

I'm seeing at the 3* level in North York for $84:

Free parking, Free breakfast, Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Business center, Internet access, Spa services

>>>The Liberty Suites would be a possibility in this case.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Ok, it wont go beyond today :)

I'll book my hotel today. The rates changed a bit, can you please double check if this what I'm seeing is still the Liberty Suites in North York?

Hotwire

North York - 3*

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free breakfast, Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Business center, Internet access, Spa services

Check in 09/27

Check out 10/04

Price: 87/day

Thanks once again!

For this one:

3* HOTWIRE North York for $88.00
Free Parking
Complimentary Breakfast
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
==> i'm not 100% certain but the Liberty Suites Hotel would be my guess for this one

One other option (i haven't scrolled up to see if considered yet or not... confirm your dates on the landing page of the provided link):

3* Toronto North - North York & South Vaughan for $100 $95 when using the link and code in my signature or at the top of the board
Pets Allowed
Free Parking
Free Internet
Free Breakfast
==> Extended Stay Canada - Toronto - Vaughan would be my guess for this one

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Good luck!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]