Hotwire Hotel: 4* San Francisco (Union Square West) Staypineapple At The Alise San Francisco

jadkins05
By jadkins05,
in

Hi Everyone,

I just came across this website - love the concept.

I'm planning a trip to San Francisco and was wondering if anyone has recommendations on some killer deals?

I've been looking through the Bidding Helper...

What I'm looking for:

Dates: 8/16 - 8/21 or 8/18 - 8/21 (Looks like 16/17 are really expensive, I have a friends and family rate for a holiday inn express union square for $203/night.)

Hotel: Looking for modern / contemporary upscale boutique feel or chain such as: *The Alise San Francisco (Other options may include: Grand Hyatt, W San Francisco, Intercontinental San Francisco) 

Price Point: Around $199, may go up to $249 for something similar to The Alise San Francisco (including the "amenity" fee everyone seems to be adding in).

Star Rating: 4/5 (although some boutique 3/3.5 seem to be very nice...)

Zone: Open to anything around union square or the piers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking to book a hotel for 8/16 - 8/21, or 8/18-8/21 (16th/17th seems expensive.. might do holiday inn express for these days). 

Could anyone help identify the hotels below? or perhaps make a recommendation?

I'm very much interested in hotels similar to Staypineapple at The Alise San Francisco or Hotel Zetta (Boutique, Modern, Upscale). 

Thanks!

4 Star

Union Square West (San Francisco)

8/18 - 8/21

$231

Free Internet, Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility

4 Star

8/18 - 8/21

$166

Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom

4 Star (*Is this Hotel Zetta?)

8/18 - 8/21

$198

Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Spa services, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

4.5 Star (*Is this The Scarlet Huntington?)

8/18 - 8/21

$214

Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Internet access, Spa services, In-room accessibility

4.5 Star (*Is this the Intercontinental San Francisco?)

South of Market - Moscone Center

8/18 - 8/21

$191

Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Welcome to BetterBidding... we're glad you found us!:smile:

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel, use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the upper right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase. This helps keep the board better organized by reducing the number of unresolved threads that don't have any follow-up or conclusion.

To get started... do you want to split your stay between two different hotels (or would you just turn this trip into a 3 nite trip instead of a 5 nite trip if rates are too high for the first 2 nites) as i'm seeing things within your budget for the complete stay (8/16-8/21):

4* HOTWIRE Union Square East for $172.00
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Room Accessible
==> best guess would be the Villa Florence San Francisco on Union Square 

4* HOTWIRE Union Square East for $198.00
Pet Friendly
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
==> InterContinental Mark Hopkins would be my best guess here

4* HOTWIRE Union Square West for $204.00
Boutique
Smoke Free
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
==> Warwick San Francisco 

OR thru PRICELINE EXPRESS (confirm your dates on the landing page of the links provided below):

4* Union Square East - Nob Hill for $201 (less with the promo in my signature)
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> Kimpton Sir Francis Drake Hotel

Do any of these work for your needs this trip?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts (or how it goes if you take any of the above) and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello, 

I appreciate the response! Although it's the same stay, I separated the post based off Price Line & Hot-wire as they are 2 separate sub sections on the forum. I guess that's a little confusing!

I'd either split between 2 hotels or stay in 1 hotel from 8/16 - 8/21. 

Looking for one of the more clean / updated hotels. Mark Hopkins, Warwick, Kimpton are all aged and don't have the modern / boutique feel to them.

You can keep all posts for this trip in this thread (since it will automatically be moved to the correct section of the board once it's reported as a 'win').  If you ultimately purchase a sub-set of your full date range, at that point we will start a NEW TOPIC for the remaining nites.

For your sub-set dates of 8/18-8/21 i'm seeing the following along with our best guess for each (confirm your dates on the landing page of any links provided below):

4.5* South of Market - Moscone Center for $187
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
==> Intercontinental San Francisco

4.5* Financial District - Embarcadero for $225
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center
==> Omni San Francisco Hotel

5* South of Market - Moscone Center for $246
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
==> Palace Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, San Francisco

4.5* Union Square East - Nob Hill for $247
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
==> Taj Campton Place

... or from HOTWIRE:

4* South of Market - Moscone Center for $198.00
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Roll-in Shower
==> W San Francisco

4* Union Square West for $203.00
Boutique
Smoke Free
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
==> Warwick San Francisco

4.5* Union Square West for $214.00
Free Internet
Boutique
Indoor Pool
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
Spa
Room Accessible
==> from the Hotwire Hotel List matches The Scarlet Huntington Hotel

4* Union Square West for $231.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
==> Staypineapple at The Alise San Francisco

4.5* Financial District - Embarcadero for $234.00
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
==> Omni San Francisco Hotel

Any of the above work for this leg of your stay?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congrats on your success.

Excellent win for this boutique property! Glad you were able to get a great win for the hotel you were looking for.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE link to start your purchases and searches, as well as for letting us know about the change in amenity set for this HOTWIRE property so that we can update the site's Hotwire Hotel List

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]