Priceline Hotel: Hollywood 4* Hotel Priceline Express

Donutcop
By Donutcop,
in

Welcome to Betterbidding.

I'm seeing on PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm that the correct dates of travel are showing on the detail page after clicking the link below.)

4* Hollywood for $201
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>A possibility would be the Kimpton Everly.  

Would this possibility be of any interest? If not, please let us know more about what you are looking for and we would be happy to research and offer other suggestions.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Hi...thanks for your reply.  Hmmm....I see the Kimpton Everly is pretty new so doesn't have any reviews on Trip Advisor yet.  I'm hesitant to book this without hearing about other people's stay.  What are your thoughts on it?  Think I should pass?  

I'm looking for 4* or higher in an area that I can walk to the sights. My husband and I are in LA for about 48 hours before heading to Vegas.  We arrive on Friday November 10 around noon and will rent a car and maybe do Santa Monica in the afternoon.  Then Saturday we planned on doing a sightseeing tour which will hopefully take in most of the high points of interest.  Sunday we were thinking of a studio tour before hitting the road to Vegas.  I initially thought Hollywood so we could step out of our hotel and be near so many spots.  However the hotels in Hollywood seem quite pricey.  I noticed a 4.5* in Beverly Hills on Priceline Express just over the $200 mark. Think I should do that over the Kimpton Everly? (First time in LA lol)

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel, use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the upper right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase. This helps keep the board better organized by reducing the number of unresolved threads that don't have any follow-up or conclusion.

I have not yet stayed at a Kimpton property but it is on my 'want to do' list as they are a highly regarded boutique chain (and most of their properties offer a free wine reception every evening).  With the Everly being new i would expect some kinks to need to be worked out in the nearterm, but i would suspect that they should be resolved by November and the hotel will be in full swing by then.  Perhaps this property will be the exception to the rule, but generally Kimpton properties get excellent reviews.

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool. (always use this method for your searches/purchases to ensure you're seeing the complete amenity set and for an easy comparison of PRICELINE vs. HOTWIRE, as well as to use our new IS THIS A GOOD PRICE feature).

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above? Using this method, below is the full list of amenities i'm seeing for the 4 star hotel in this zone when searching for your dates:

4* HOTWIRE Santa Monica Pier - 3rd Street Promenade for $228.00
Free Parking
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Wheelchair Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica would be my best guess for this one

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the help guys. I really do appreciate it! Ok....one more hotel for your advice

again, nov 10-12. This time Hotwire

4* Hollywood

amenitites:

free internet

Pet friendly

fitness centre

pool

restaurant

business center

golf nearby

$233 per night.  90% recommended

(Is $233 a lot for these dates? Should I be waiting for prices to go down?)

Is the amenity set above coming from the BiddingHelper.com tool as previously indicated how you should be searching:

9 hours ago, thereuare said:

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool. (always use this method for your searches/purchases to ensure you're seeing the complete amenity set and for an easy comparison of PRICELINE vs. HOTWIRE, as well as to use our new IS THIS A GOOD PRICE feature).

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry, I thought I had but see now I didn't. Here's the full list....

Free Internet, Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Spa services, Children's activities, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

I'm seeing:

4* Hollywood for $233.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Pool
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Spa
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==>  Guess would be the Loews, which has been reported to the board with this amenity set previously.

Please keep us updated with what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]