Hotwire Hotel: Is LES best area for newer inexpensive 4* hotels?

VegasToNYC
By VegasToNYC,
in

Looking to book 2 nights in Manhattan December 3 - December 5, 2017.  Budget is $400-$450 after taxes.  Criteria is close to subway , modern rooms with newer private bathroom. Don't care about size of the room or other amenities.  

Went through the HOTWIRE link on this site and have come up a 4* property in LES:

Lower East Side 

4* 

original $287 

hot deal $172 (40% off) 

80% recommendation based on 475 customer reviews. 

Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

Should I look in other areas in Manhattan for a better deal (prefer a newer or remodel hotel because GF hates old bathrooms ) and close proximity to subway ? 

Welcome to Betterbidding.

Unfortunately, this is really one of the busiest periods of the year in NYC as it's prime time for people coming in for holiday shopping and festivities. If you are going to spend a lot of time in Midtown, it is optimal to stay more centrally located if possible as it takes cost/effort to get around from LES to Midtown, especially in colder months.

I'm seeing:

4* Lower East Side - East Village for $172.00
Free Internet
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==>  Guess would be the Holiday Inn LES.

Some other things that I'm seeing:

PRICELINE EXPRESS (please confirm on the detail page that the correct dates of travel are showing after clicking the links below.)

4.5* SoHo - Tribeca for $188
Pets Allowed
Restaurant
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>Guess would be the Nomo Soho. After the resort fee and the promotion in my signature, this is a hair over $500, but would be a nicer hotel than the HI.

4* Central Park South for $202
Free Internet
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
>>>Moderne would be my guess

Would any of these possibilities be of interest? 

Thank you for keeping us updated with what you decide and let us know if you have any questions/if we can  be of any further assistance before booking.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks for tips; i'm going to keep an eye on those deals for a week or two to see how prices fluctuate (have a few months before my stay in December) . I have to say that the 4 1/2 * deal would be amazing if it turns out to be Nomo Soho.  The GF suggested Iberostar (38th & park ave) at $209 a night but we'll see how things pan out with these priceline deals.

thank you for your time. I'll update this post and use the posted links when I purchase. 

Regards, 

10 hours ago, VegasToNYC said:

I have to say that the 4 1/2 * deal would be amazing if it turns out to be Nomo Soho.

Then why not take this offer now while it is available... as noted above, this is a very busy time of year in NYC. 

Nobody can say if rates will come down, or move even higher between now and your trip, but there is also the chance that this property disappears from the search results entirely.  You appear to have done a bit of research already in order to 'know' what a good deal is for these dates, you should be ready to book once you see a worthwhile deal as it may not be there the next time you look.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know whatever you ultimately decide to do for this trip or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]