Hotwire Hotel: 4/4* Star in Midtown EAST 10/7-10/9

Katenet
By Katenet,
in

Another trip ! Already bought plane tickets just need hotel

Trying to buy a hotel room for My spouse/self and daughter 3 of us for NYC. We would like to be in midtown east -family lives there 45Th between 1st and 2nd

I am also open to anything suggestion wise you might know about its only two nights 

Midtown East $290 4 stars

Amenities Include: Free Internet, Fitness center, Business center and more...

(90% recommended)

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

Midtown East $268 4.5 stars

(90% recommended)

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

Midtown East $328 4.5

(95% recommended)

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Children's activities, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

OR

Union Square - Flatiron $397 5 stars

(95% recommended)

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Internet access, Children's activities, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

I'm searching for 2aduts/1child (not sure if this is what you included for your search above) and the first property that struck me was:

4* HOTWIRE Midtown East for $251.00
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
==> best guess here would be the Shelburne NYC-an Affinia hotel which gets good reviews, but you would need to decide if close enough to where your family lives (if you're also considering Union Square Hotels i assume this would indeed be close enough)

Best guess/comments for the ones you inquired about above:

4* HOTWIRE Midtown East for $288.00
Free Internet
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==> The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection

4.5* HOTWIRE Midtown East for $268.00
Pet Friendly
Boutique
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==> from the Hotwire Hotel List matches The Westin New York Grand Central and would be my best guess here (which would be very convenient to your family)

4.5* HOTWIRE Midtown East for $328.00
Pet Friendly
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Laundry
Hi-Speed Internet
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> InterContinental New York Barclay 

5* HOTWIRE Union Square - Flatiron for $397.00
Free Internet
Boutique
Fitness
Restaurant
Hi-Speed Internet
Childrens Activities
Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Travel Accessible
Room Accessible
Bathroom Accessible
Handicapped Parking
Roll-in Shower
==> Gramercy Park Hotel

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide ad how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

After MUCH searching comparing mapping and hand wringing, we have booked the ONE UN New York (millenium) for $555 total for two nights two queen beds including tax. This was the best deal we could find. It was a toss up between that and the Hyatt grand central  but a friend of mine just stayed there and said it was way too noisy even on a higher floor. 

I will be back again on this board soon and I thank you so much for your great insight. 

Kate

4 minutes ago, Katenet said:

we have booked the ONE UN New York

Thank you for sharing your decision with the board.

Was this a HOTWIRE or PRICELINE EXPRESS purchase... or did you book thru a regular channel where you knew the hotel name before purchase?  Is this a non-refundable rate?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

PS- any decision regarding your NYC trip in December?  Please post an update there with what you decided or your current thoughts for that trip.  Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am still deciding about the December trip we have booked the tickets but not purchased the hotel yet.

For this one It's a non refundable rate through the hotel itself. I joined a loyalty club to save 10%. No different than Hotwire's terms after reading both

After the Priceline and Hotwire fees it made booking directly less expensive which rarely happens in my experience 

I would have preferred one if the hotels on the list you provided but family is right near the UN so this one is most convenient (but least cool) 

Thank you again 

Kate

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]