Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Destin Sterling Sands By Sterling Resorts

Deneatra
By Deneatra,
in

Looking for 2 people to stay Gulf coast of FL 8/4-8/7. Beachfront hotel is a must (I do understand they may very likely stick the Priceline/Hotwire customers in the rooms with sub-par view.)  I would like to keep the total (after all taxes and fees) around $600-800. Are the resort fees included in the total, or will the hotel hit me with those when we arrive?

I used your links, on the hotwire easy view these five come up. Any suggestions?

-Destin 2.5 star for $229/nt, 95% recommended. Amenities-Free parking, Free Internet, Beachfront hotel, 2-bedroom suite, Full kitchen, Smoke-free rooms, Air conditioning, Laundry in room, Fitness center, Pool(s), Front desk, Internet access, Golf nearby, Kitchenette

-Destin 3 star for $259/nt, 85% recommended. Amenities-Free parking, Free Internet, Beachfront hotel, 2-bedroom suite, Full kitchen, Smoke-free rooms, Air conditioning, Laundry in room, Fitness center, Pool(s), Front desk, Internet access, Golf nearby, Kitchenette

-Ft Walton Beach-3.5 stars for $214/nt, 85% recommended. Amenities-Free parking, Free Internet, Beachfront hotel, 2-bedroom suite, Full kitchen, Smoke-free rooms, Air conditioning, Laundry in room, Fitness center, Pool(s), Front desk, Internet access, Golf nearby, Kitchenette

-Ft. Walton Beach-2.5 stars for $185/nt, 90% recommended. Amenities-Free parking, Free Internet, Beachfront hotel, 2-bedroom suite, Full kitchen, Smoke-free rooms, Air conditioning, Laundry in room, Fitness center, Pool(s), Front desk, Internet access, Golf nearby, Kitchenette

-Miramar Beach-2.5 stars for $285/nt, 100% recommended. Amenities-Free parking, Beachfront hotel, 2-bedroom suite, Full kitchen, Smoke-free rooms, Air conditioning, Pool(s), Front desk, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Kitchenette

Or I thought I might use Priceline, the two 3-star hotels showing in Ft. Walton are both beachfront. But I have no idea where to start my bid... I can start a separate thread there for these if I need to.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel, use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the upper right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase. This helps keep the board better organized by reducing the number of unresolved threads that don't have any follow-up or conclusion.

Let's start with the basics...

Resort fees (if any) and would be payable directly to the hotel upon check-out.  However, if you click in the HOTWIRE (or PRICELINE EXPRESS) offer any resort fee is usually shown and the total is broken down, how much is payable (now) to PRICELINE / HOTWIRE and how much of a resort fee would be paid (later) directly to the hotel.  When bidding (name your own price) on PRICELINE any resort fee shown usually is a worst case scenario for the area, with PRICELINE showing you the highest resort fee charged by a hotel of this rating in the zone, so you know what the most you would have to be pay will be... if the hotel you ultimately win has a lower resort fee (or no resort fee at all) then you would be the lower (or none) amount that is charged by the hotel to all customers, regardless of how booked.

What would be the reason for looking to bid on PRICELINE vs. one of the HOTWIRE offers above?

If you bid on PRICELINE you need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you bid... so how do you ensure that you will end up with a Beachfront property if that is a 'must have' for this trip?

Other than a beachfront location is there something in particular that you're looking for in a hotel (as quite a few of the hotels above are over your $800 and we may be able to eliminate these just based upon price alone... or at the very least start with those that are within your budget).

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know the information above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the reply! And the explanation of the resort fees :) 

I can go over $800, but it seems like there are many options at that price I could book directly and know exactly where I'm staying. There are a few condos at a rental agency that sends me emails at about $1000 for the stay. 

No preference for Priceline, except I thought that maybe I could get a better deal, especially if all the hotels in that star range are on the beach anyway

Only other preferences would be a king size bed and not in a croweded location. But this is a last minute (non-budgeted) trip and I would be willing to stay in a queen in a high-rise if it was a good deal

thank you!

I started to look at the HOTWIRE offers in your first post and it appears you have listed the same amenity set for each property, but i assume the amenities differ for each one, no?  Please confirm the amenity set associated with each.

Also, if you click thru on the offer(s) and look at the total quite a few of these have high resort/condo fees...exclude any that are beyond what you are willing to spend for this trip.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

... or how about this one (confirm your dates on the landing page of the provided link):

3* Fort Walton Beach for $233
Free Parking
Business Center
Restaurant
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess here would be the Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach Destin, which if correct appears to be Beachfront and with our exclusive 5% off promo (see top page or my signature below) brings this within your originally stated budget :smile:

Thoughts on this PRICELINE EXPRESS offer?

You are correct, I used the 'COPY AMENITIES' button from the bidding helper, and something didn't go right with that.  I have pasted them a different way

-Destin 2.5 star for $229/nt, 95% recomended. FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free Internet, Beachfront hotel, 2-bedroom suite, Full kitchen, Smoke-free rooms, Air conditioning, Laundry in room, Fitness center, Pool(s), Front desk, Internet access, Golf nearby, Kitchenette

-Destin 3 star for $259/nt, 85% recomended. FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free Internet, Beachfront hotel, 1-bedroom suite, Full kitchen, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Air conditioning, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), 24-hour front desk, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Kitchenette

-Ft Walton Beach-3.5 stars for $214/nt, 85% reccomended. FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free Internet, Beachfront hotel, 1-bedroom suite, Full kitchen, Smoke-free rooms, Air conditioning, Laundry in room, Fitness center, Pool(s), Front desk, Internet access, Golf nearby, Kitchenette

-Ft. Walton Beach-2.5 stars for $185/nt, 90% recommended. FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free Internet, Beachfront hotel, Full kitchen, Smoke-free rooms, Air conditioning, Fitness center, Pool(s), Front desk, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Tennis nearby, Kitchenette

-Miramar Beach-2.5 stars for $285/nt, 100% recommended. FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Beachfront hotel, 2-bedroom suite, Full kitchen, Smoke-free rooms, Air conditioning, Pool(s), Front desk, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Kitchenette

Best guess/comments for each:

2.5* HOTWIRE Destin for $229.00
Free Parking
Free Internet
Beachfront
BR2
Kitchen
Smoke Free
A/C
Laundry in room
Fitness
Pool
Front Desk
Hi-Speed Internet
Golf
Kitchenette
==> no guess

Destin 3 star for $259/nt

==> this one comes to $1125 when you include taxes, fees, condo/resort/cleaning fee... would this be acceptable or would you sooner go with one of your other options (or a cheaper PRICELINE EXPRESS / HOTWIRE option)?

Ft Walton Beach-3.5 stars for $214/nt

==> is $1150 all-in within the budget and likely hotel for purchase (again, given your other options)

Ft. Walton Beach-2.5 stars for $185/nt,

==> over $1000 all-in

2.5* HOTWIRE Miramar Beach for $285.00
==> nearly $1300 all-in ( think this is the Huntington by the Sea by Sterling Resorts, but again, is this worthwhile compared to your other options??)

You can also try searching our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com and then look along the coastline to see what is on the beach and within your price range / budget.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or ow we can be of further help.

Amenities: Free parking, Free Internet, Beachfront hotel, 2-bedroom suite, Full kitchen, Smoke-free rooms, Air conditioning, Laundry in room, Fitness center, Pool(s), Front desk, Internet access, Golf nearby, Kitchenette

Thank you SO much for your help!!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you found something that meets your needs and budget for this impromptu trip.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]