Priceline Hotel: Bidding Strategy for Philadelphia

goheels1
By goheels1,
in

Looking to book a hotel for Philadelphia, I'm tempted to try a PRICELINE EXPRESS deal but I feel like I can get a better deal by bidding. I'd obviously like to get a good deal so I figured I try to get some help or more knowledge instead of just jumping into the bidding. I dont want to mess up my chances.

Ideally looking for 4* at a good price but will settle for a 3* minimum.

Zones: Trying to stay in the main city center so, City Center West, City Center East , and Historic District (Penns Landing).

Dates are from August 2nd to August 5th

Trying to save some money so I'm trying for $100 a night, give or take some.

None.

Please provide a follow-up for your prior Pittsburgh Priceline thread (post what you decided for that stay within that thread, then reply to this thread and we would be happy to take a look and try to ID the above listing.) Closing prior threads is greatly appreciated as it helps others researching and keeps the board organized. Thanks again.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

You post your results (as you did) but if you could reply further there confirming the room rate paid per nite... you should still be able to view this information by using the MY ACCOUNT >> MY TRIPS link on the top right of the PRICELINE home page.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your results/decisions as you receive them so that the information can best help others in a timely manner.

In regards to your Philadelphia trip above, i don't think your budget is going to be an issue, but here are some ideas and then you let us know how it goes OR how you'd like to proceed (confirm your dates on the landing page of any links provided below):

4.5* Rittenhouse Square - Center City West for $119
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess here would be the Sofitel Philadelphia which is very well reviewed.  You can use the link and promo in my signature for an extra 5% off, so just a little over your budget and you can decide if worthwhile for such a well reviewed property

4* Rittenhouse Square - Center City West for $94
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> Club Quarters Hotel in Philadelphia would be my best guess for this one

Let us know if you'd like to take one of the above, or if you'd like to move forward bidding for any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you choose, let us know if you'd first like to try for a 4.5* up to your limit (confirm if we stop at $100 or how much higher to go) and then if rejected try for a 4* hotel... OR is the goal the least expensive 4* or better?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

If you go for one of the above let us know how it goes or let us know which star rating you'd like to try for first and we will take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I want to give bidding a shot. I like the plan of trying first  for a 4.5* up to my limit of 100. I feel like it's ambitious but I'd rather give it a shot and then move on to the 4*. You said you take the rest from here? Do you just give me a bidding strategy or? I understand obviously starting with a low price and then incrementing until I reach my max but I know there are tricks with selecting the zones as well so idk. Thank you

In the Philadelphia region when bidding 4.5* you have TEN re-bid zones.... at the 4* you have NINE re-bid zones.  If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4.5* City Center East, City Center West, Penns Landing
Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $88, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $100, if the above is rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* City Center East, City Center West, Penns Landing

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $88

Any questions feel free to ask (especially confirming your re-bid zones if you're new to the subject and/or unsure)

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]