Priceline Hotel: 2.5* or above Any Airport area 9/13-17/17

SteveinPhilly1
By SteveinPhilly1,
in

Hi! I ALWAYS use BB for help and always use your link. Now I again need guidance. – for Nashviller. –where hotel rates continue to rise!

I need a room for four nights (Wed-Sunday 9/13-9/17) in September (8 weeks away). I have fully cancelable reservations at a Days Inn Airport East and at the Somatel Airport. Both are two stars and got “acceptable for short stay” reviews. My rates are $54,99/night or $275.03 for the 4 total.

I need to be in downtown but I found that all airport areas seem to be 15 minutes from town. Priceline has FOUR areas for the Airport.

My requirements are Free Parking (never a problem) and breakfast.

While I don’t like having a non-cancelable reservation 2 months out. I think that if I could get a 2 ½ star (or even a 3 star) for the price I’m getting at the Somatel – which has free pkg and breakfast), it would be a good deal.

I looked at PL options. They only list Airport East and West. The lowest price (identified) is $130/nighty. In Express deals there is a 2.5 star Airport EAST  at $83/night and  a 2 star West for same price.

I’ve stayed at the La Quinta and Country Inn Airport East in past and they were fine but now over $100/night.

Though there are zones for Airport North and South when you “bid”, it looks like none there – per BB list – so I guess I get extra opportunities there.

So, with a goal of paying – say $55/night (to account for the PL booking fee) for a 2.5* or above  and having all four airport zones to choose from – what would you suggest for my bidding strategy?  Thanks – as ALWAYS – for your help. I send lots of folks to BB.

If you're not using RefundableRates.com for your back-up reservations i would recommend it as it allows you to compare rates that have liberal cancellation policies (usually 3 days prior to arrival without any penalty) as well as easily see how much more/less it would cost to stay closer/further from your ideal location or to go up/down in star rating.  As well, you can use the price slider to your maximum budget per nite which makes it very easy to see your options.

In regards to your bidding, what is the full name of the 4 airport zones you're referring to as i only see:

Nashville Airport East

Nashville Airport West

I assume 'Downtown Nashville - Metrocenter Area' and 'Vanderbilt - Music Row - West End' are not options, even though they will be close to your desired location, since they will not likely have Free Parking?

To confirm is your back-up reservation at the Somatel Goodlettsville Hotel, which is in the Goodlettsville zone?  If so, is this zone not acceptable because a winning bid might not have Free Parking and/or Breakfast?

Lastly, keep in mind that the star rating you choose is the minimum that you're willing to accept... a 2.5* bid could always be upgraded to a higher rated hotel which may not have your required Free Parking and/or Free Breakfast (while admittedly i think $55 looks low for these dates given the high prices i'm seeing so the chance of an upgrade is somewhat low, it is always a possiblity that you at least should be aware of and willing to accept)

Please confirm the names of the four (airport?) zones that are acceptable and we will advise accordingly.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

19 hours ago, thereuare said:

If you're not using RefundableRates.com for your back-up reservations i would recommend it as it allows you to compare rates that have liberal cancellation policies (usually 3 days prior to arrival without any penalty) as well as easily see how much more/less it would cost to stay closer/further from your ideal location or to go up/down in star rating.  As well, you can use the price slider to your maximum budget per nite which makes it very easy to see your options.

Thanks for that site; good to know

In regards to your bidding, what is the full name of the 4 airport zones you're referring to as i only see:

Nashville Airport East

Nashville Airport West

My error. Yes, only two at Airpoert. Sorry for confusion.

I assume 'Downtown Nashville - Metrocenter Area' and 'Vanderbilt - Music Row - West End' are not options, even though they will be close to your desired location, since they will not likely have Free Parking?

Yes, I chose airoport because they are all off of I-40 and convenient plus free parking. 

To confirm is your back-up reservation at the Somatel Goodlettsville Hotel, which is in the Goodlettsville zone?  If so, is this zone not acceptable because a winning bid might not have Free Parking and/or Breakfast?

No, theere is one at Airport with "decent" ratings at 420 Metroplex Dr, Nashville, TN 37211 

Lastly, keep in mind that the star rating you choose is the minimum that you're willing to accept... a 2.5* bid could always be upgraded to a higher rated hotel which may not have your required Free Parking and/or Free Breakfast (while admittedly i think $55 looks low for these dates given the high prices i'm seeing so the chance of an upgrade is somewhat low, it is always a possiblity that you at least should be aware of and willing to accept)

Please confirm the names of the four (airport?) zones that are acceptable and we will advise accordingly.

It looks like the 2.5 stars are La Quinta or Country Inn and Suites and both have breakfast (All airport ones have free pkg). So I'm willing to commit to a 2.5* minimum if rate is $57-$59/night. And My TWO zoneswould be Airport East (first) and then Airport West).  Is that enough info? 

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

ALWAYS DO!

Looks like PRICELINE has this property under a different name and lists this location as M Star Nashville Airport... HOTWIRE still has it as Somatel Nashville Airport... i'm not sure which is the updated / more recent name.

When bidding 2.5* in this region you have ONE re-bid zone.  If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

I would try bidding as follows:

Select 2.5* Airport East
Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $54, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...
Select 2.5* Airport West
Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $54, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 2.5* Airport East and Airport West
Bid $57, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $59

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for your help. I tried once for each location and bid up to $54.00 but lost. With the $54. bid and all PL fees it came out the same as the 2 star Somatel - which has really nice ratings (60% recommend. I have a Hotels.com account with 6 nights on it. I need 4 more for a "free night" (worth something). They wanted $70/night for the 4 nights at Somatel and they have a price match policy. So I'm working with thim  to match the Somatrel I have confirmed (fully cancelable - Pay at hotel) that I have. So I may just stay with the Somatel and hope Hotel.com matches. it. Then I get the best of all worlds.

I have time so I'll keep bidding on PRICELINE (with your link) at $50 for a 2.5 and up. And I'll be using the BB PRICELINE link to bid for my rental car on PL too! 

Just wanted to update you. IF I get the $50 2.5 star I'll post it back here.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]